Delivery time for Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland

• flmom11
    Participant
    8 posts
    6 July 2017 at 1:14:41 #812532

Does anyone know how long it will take to deliver the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland to an address in the US? We won’t be in Switzerland until August 1st, but we depart for Germany on July 28th, so I would need it to arrive by the 27th at the latest. I was looking at the two online options offered on this website, but neither seem to clearly advise how long it will take to receive in the US nor do they appear to have print at home options.

Thanks in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 July 2017 at 4:13:14 #866324

Hi flmom,

>> nor do they appear to have print at home options.

The website for the Regional Pass Bernese Oberland offers a print-at-home option.

http://www.regionalpass-berneroberland.ch/en/p ass-and-infos/buy-ticket/

Following the “Buy Online” link on the above page will take you to the SBB Ticket Shop. If you have a MasterCard credit card, use that in preference to a Visa Card, as Visa transactions seem to fail on a regular basis. I suspect it is the “Verified by Visa” process, as I have had quite some problems with this on foreign transactions, but no problems at all using MasterCard.

Alpenrose

Arno
    15471 posts
    6 July 2017 at 6:19:11 #866325

Hi flmom,

It takes 5 days to ship the physical pass to the US, please see the “Details” link under the SBB ticketshop on myswissalps.com/region alpassberneseoberland/ price. Shipping is free via http://www.happyrail.com/en/p ass/europe/switzerland /regional-pass-berner-oberland, and that would take 2 to 6 days (see the Delivery link on that page).

Enjoy your trip!

flmom11
    Participant
    8 posts
    6 July 2017 at 10:56:07 #866326

Thanks, I guess I was a bit nervous since it has the below disclaimer on the Happy Rail website. Was curious what the real experience was with delivery times. I can arrange for hotel delivery but prefer to have them in hand (I’m a control freak).

If you live outside Europe and your departure date is within 21 days, we recommend to fill in the address of your first accommodation in Europe (do not forget to inform them about the delivery) or to pick up the passes at Zürich Airport, see below.

Arno
    15471 posts
    6 July 2017 at 13:42:49 #866327

Hi flmom,

It’s just that they can’t control the postal services, and want to be on the safe side I guess. Regarding the alternative to get a physical pass: if you order through http://www.swissrailways.com/ en/products/regionalbe rneseoberlandpass you can either choose airport collection (CHF 15) in Basel/Geneva/Zurich, or have the passes sent to your hotel in Switzerland (CHF 6). Shipping is from within Switzerland as this is the official webshop of the Swiss Railways, so this is as risk free as it can get. Shipping to Germany is possible as well for CHF 12. Make sure to inform your hotel and this will work fine. People have even received their passes at a camp site this way!

flmom11
    Participant
    8 posts
    6 July 2017 at 22:39:32 #866328

I understand I did send a note to Happy Rail and the person that replied said I would not have enough time to have it mailed to the US, so I will reach out to my hotel in Germany and see if they can accept delivery or arrange to have it sent to the hotel in Wengen. We are coming in via train from Heidelberg so airport collection would not work. Thanks for all the advice!

flmom11
    Participant
    8 posts
    10 July 2017 at 11:15:17 #866329

Alpenrose666…..I must have missed your post the first time around….do you know why the SBB ticket shop is not listed on this website as one of the retailers where you can purchase the BO regional Pass? It seems as if this is the best option if your looking for print at home since its the only one that doesn’t require you to have it mailed? Matter of fact if you look at the sight that explains the pass in more detail it is the online online option provided.

Arno
    15471 posts
    10 July 2017 at 12:25:31 #866330

Hi flmom11,

We do list the SBB tourist webshop here, but not their domestic website sbb.ch if that is the one you meant. This is the place we need to link to for SBB related purchases, and it is a much simpler webshop for most purposes. Sbb.ch is huge, mainly targeted at Swiss residents and sometimes has issues with foreign credit cards. We do use it for timetable information by the way. However if sbb.ch offers print at home for this pass that could be a convenient option for you. Their tourist webshop will offer this too in the future, perhaps very soon even, but probably not in time for your trip.

• The thread ‘Delivery time for Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.