Delivery time Swiss Half Fare Card to Philipines

Delivery time Swiss Half Fare Card to Philipines

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
engrmartie31
engrmartie31
6 posts
Apr 18, 2017 - 7:27 AM

Hello Everyone,

I am travelling to Switzerland from Philippines this May 4 until June 4 and I still don't have a Half Fare Card for my train travel. I would like to buy the card online but there is a notice that says on Delivery Information "We will send out the documents as soon as possible, at the latest 2 till 3 weeks prior to your departure". I am afraid that it wont delivered on time before i leave.

Are there ways to get s Half Fare Card? Can I buy it in Zurich Airport? I'm worried I can't avail the Half Fare.

Thanks,

engrmartie

Lucas
Lucas
5502 posts
expert &
Apr 18, 2017 - 9:48 AM in reply to engrmartie31

Hi engrmartie,

What online retailer are you trying to buy it from? Have a look here, these retailers should be able to send you the ticket online to print at home.

You can also buy it at the Zurich airport or any manned SBB rail office in Switzerland.

Best regards,
Lucas

engrmartie31
engrmartie31
6 posts
Apr 18, 2017 - 12:58 PM in reply to Lucas

Hello there.

Thank you for your fast response.

I would like to know if I purchased the card online and print the ticket at home, should I exchanged it to a card when I arrived in Switzerland or Zurich airport? How can I replace it? Can it be?

thanks,

Martin

engrmartie31
engrmartie31
6 posts
Apr 18, 2017 - 1:04 PM

Can a swiss citizen living abroad but still not a residence back in Switzerland and will travel to Switzerland for a month avail a Half Fare Card? Coz we were reading and it says that Half Fare Card are of visitors only.

thanks

martin

Lucas
Lucas
5502 posts
expert &
Apr 18, 2017 - 4:19 PM in reply to engrmartie31

Hi Martin,

The ticket is ready to go once you print it at home - no need to exchange it when you get here.

The Swiss Half Fare Card (tourists) and Half-Fare travelcard (residents) are virtually identical. You need a non-Swiss passport to be able to use the Swiss Half Fare Card. In any case either card will work for you to get 50% off most train routes.

Lucas

Last modified on Apr 18, 2017 - 7:37 PM by Arno
engrmartie31
engrmartie31
6 posts
Apr 22, 2017 - 2:51 AM

Hello there Lucas,

I'm holding a dual passport, Philippines & Switzerland. I'm travelling to Switzerland for a month but I'll be using my swiss passport to enter Switzerland. Can I buy the Half Fare Card (120CHF) or I should buy the 185ChF?

as you've said that I need a non-Swiss passport to be able to use the Swiss Half Fare Card. I want to buy the Half Fare Card of 120CHF since I'll be only a month.

Hope to be clarified.

Thanks,

Martin

Arno
Arno
10344 posts
expert &
Apr 22, 2017 - 11:29 AM

Hi Martin,

Do you mean you have two separate passports? If so, you can use the Filipino passport to travel with the Swiss Half Fare Card. Enter the number of that passport when ordering the Swiss Half Fare Card through www.swissrailways.com/ en. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick "Online Ticket" from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the card within 1-3 business days (no delivery fees), so you can print it at home.

Last modified on May 17, 2018 - 11:42 AM by Arno
engrmartie31
engrmartie31
6 posts
Apr 22, 2017 - 12:53 PM in reply to Arno

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, i have two passports but will be using my Swiss passport to enter switzerland and stay for a month only.

Arno
Arno
10344 posts
expert &
Apr 22, 2017 - 12:59 PM in reply to engrmartie31

That's no problem. The Swiss Half Fare Card is not relevant for flying into Switzerland. It will only be checked on the trains. Just bring both passports and use the Filipino one for the Swiss Half Fare Card.

Have a wonderful trip!

engrmartie31
engrmartie31
6 posts
Apr 23, 2017 - 11:56 AM

Thank you so clarification.

Another question, can i transfer the pdf ticket to SBB mobile app? So I don't need to print the ticket?

Martin

Lucas
Lucas
5502 posts
expert &
Apr 23, 2017 - 4:28 PM in reply to engrmartie31

Hi MArtin,

No you can't unfortunately. You will have to print the ticket out and use that for your trip.

Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018