Saver Day Pass vs 1-day travelpass Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2018 at 13:11:14 #816020

Need few details on Saver Day pass(SDP)

1. Between 1-day travelpass(needs half fare card) and SDP : Is there any difference? I assume with both train(including golden pass), bus and boat travel are free

2. Does SDP without half fare card, provide any discount on cable car & cog wheel train to mountains like Rigi, Stanserhorn, First, Murren etc.

3. SDP without half fare card provide any discount on trian to Jungfraujoch from Grindelwald?

4. SDP can be bought only online ?

5. 1-day travelpass can be bought at any train stations ?

6. With printout of Half fare card(bought on happyrail.com), 1-day travelpass or SDP(bought in sbb.ch), Can I just board any train(including golden pass), boat or bus ?

7. My son is 4 years, Should I have any pass for him if I do not have Half fare card ?

Thank you

Santhosh

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 May 2018 at 18:15:21 #885447

Hi Santhosh,

1. Yes, there are differences between the two passes. Read about the 1 day travel pass here and the Saver Day Pass here.
    2. No – except Rigi.
    3. No
    4. Yes
    5. Yes
    6. Yes as long as it is covered by either pass that you have and you don’t need to buy a ticket
    7. No, children under 6 travel free without the need for a ticket or rail pass.
  • The thread ‘Saver Day Pass vs 1-day travelpass Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.