Determining costs for Swiss trains and cable cars

Determining costs for Swiss trains and cable cars

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Jlynncoop
Jlynncoop
11 posts
Dec 14, 2017 - 3:22 PM

When looking for information on ticket prices for mountain trips, the link always takes me to an offer by Viator.com. Is this the cheapest way to purchase tickets? Thanks!

Arno
Arno
11140 posts
expert &
Dec 14, 2017 - 3:43 PM in reply to Jlynncoop

Welcome to MySwissAlps Jlynncoop!

Buying online via Viator or any other retailer may or may not be cheaper. In most cases the price difference is small. It depends on exchange rates and your home currency as well. Either way, most of our pages offer links to online retailers as well as to the prices if purchased on the spot. Scroll down on www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch/tickets, for example, to find a link to the "standard" local fares of trains to Jungfraujoch.

Last modified on Dec 14, 2017 - 4:31 PM by Arno
cam223
cam223
72 posts
Dec 15, 2017 - 2:29 PM

What mountain trains/gondolas do you want to take? The Swiss travel pass gets you a 50% discount on some of them. It's easy just show the pass and you get the discount right at the ticket window.

Jlynncoop
Jlynncoop
11 posts
Dec 15, 2017 - 2:45 PM in reply to cam223

Thanks for the info. I finally happened upon individual websites for the Gornergrat, Lucerne ferry, etc. That information just seemed to be escaping my attention. We have been trying to determine the best travel pass for our itinerary, which is quite a chore!

Arno
Arno
11140 posts
expert &
Dec 15, 2017 - 3:18 PM in reply to Jlynncoop

Hi Jlynncoop,

If you haven't found it already, this page explains how to find the cheapest pass: www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018