Difference in first & second class Travel Passes

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 February 2017 at 11:45:33 #810714

hello friends…can anyone please educate me with the differences between 1st class & 2nd class swiz travel passes in terms of seats, view, comfort and prices.Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    2 February 2017 at 13:23:10 #858637

Hi nutty, welcome to MySwissAlps!

The difference between 1st and 2nd class is explained at myswissalps.com/train/ practical/2nd1stclass. Swiss Travel Pass prices can be found through myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/price. Just click to one of the resellers for full price overviews of both 1st and 2nd class passes.

I hope this helps!

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    2 February 2017 at 22:29:06 #858638

Hi Nutty-

I travel periodically for a week or two in Switzerland. For my travel pattern, a Half Fare Travel Card happens to work best for me. Unlike the Swiss Travel Pass, the half fare card requires that I purchase tickets for each journey, so I always have the choice available at every purchase.

I can use it in either first class or second class, depending on my needs.

Second class is quite comfortable, and I use it routinely for short trips. For long trips.. several hours… I frequently buy first class tickets. The seats are a bit more comfortable, and the cars are less crowded.

Sometimes when I am traveling at the same time and in the same direction as the commuters in or out of, for example, Zürich, during rush hours, I buy first class for even a short journey, because the second class cars can be crowded.

Many forms of mountain transport, such as the cograil at the Jungfrau or cable cars such as the lift from Wengen to Männlichen have only one class.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Difference in first & second class Travel Passes’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.