Differences – Bernese Oberland Pass vs. STP

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2017 at 17:17:00 #811724

I have seen many questions about the differences between the Regional Pass- Bernese Oberland and the Swiss Travel Pass. Other than the obvious geographic coverage difference, it ‘seems’ to me that it is all about mountain travel. I have started to make a list of mountain transportation that is covered for free by the BO Pass and not free with the STP based on me trying to compare the maps. I have not discovered anything in the area of the BO Pass that is covered by the STP but not the BO Pass, but there could be some I suppose. This in an ‘open source’ project, so please correct me if I am wrong on any of them and please add any ones that I have missed. Please forgive my spelling and correct anything that needs correcting. Safe travels!

WENGEN/MURREN/GRINDELWALD AREA

WENGEN-MANNLICHEN

WENGEN – KLEIN SCHEDEGG – GRINDELWALD

GRINDELWALD – PFINGSTEGG

GRINDELWALD – BORT – FIRST

MURREN – ALLMENDUBEL

MEIRENGEN AREA

KASERSTATT

HASLIBERG-MAGISALP-PLANPLATTEN

INTERLAKEN AREA:

PLANALP – BRIENZER ROTHORN – ROTHERBAHN

HARDER

NIEDERHORN

NIESEN

STOCKHORN

SOUTH – KANDERSTEG

OESCHINEN

SUNHBUEL

LAUCHERNALP

GSTAAD AREA:

HOHISPILE

RELLERLIGRAT

HORNEGGLI

RINDERBERG

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2017 at 19:20:17 #862957

Thanks so much for the hard work elbarcosr1!

In general it’s true that there won’t be routes in the Bernese Oberland that are covered by the STP but not by the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland – mountain transportation is the main difference as well.

Thanks again!

• The thread ‘Differences – Bernese Oberland Pass vs. STP’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.