Differences - Bernese Oberland Pass vs. STP

Differences - Bernese Oberland Pass vs. STP

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
elbarcosr1
elbarcosr1
44 posts
May 7, 2017 - 5:17 PM

I have seen many questions about the differences between the Regional Pass- Bernese Oberland and the Swiss Travel Pass. Other than the obvious geographic coverage difference, it ‘seems’ to me that it is all about mountain travel. I have started to make a list of mountain transportation that is covered for free by the BO Pass and not free with the STP based on me trying to compare the maps. I have not discovered anything in the area of the BO Pass that is covered by the STP but not the BO Pass, but there could be some I suppose. This in an ‘open source’ project, so please correct me if I am wrong on any of them and please add any ones that I have missed. Please forgive my spelling and correct anything that needs correcting. Safe travels!

WENGEN/MURREN/GRINDELWALD AREA

WENGEN-MANNLICHEN

WENGEN - KLEIN SCHEDEGG - GRINDELWALD

GRINDELWALD – PFINGSTEGG

GRINDELWALD – BORT – FIRST

MURREN – ALLMENDUBEL

MEIRENGEN AREA

KASERSTATT

HASLIBERG-MAGISALP-PLANPLATTEN

INTERLAKEN AREA:

PLANALP - BRIENZER ROTHORN – ROTHERBAHN

HARDER

NIEDERHORN

NIESEN

STOCKHORN

SOUTH - KANDERSTEG

OESCHINEN

SUNHBUEL

LAUCHERNALP

GSTAAD AREA:

HOHISPILE

RELLERLIGRAT

HORNEGGLI

RINDERBERG

Lucas
Lucas
7106 posts
expert &
May 9, 2017 - 7:20 PM in reply to elbarcosr1

Thanks so much for the hard work elbarcosr1!

In general it's true that there won't be routes in the Bernese Oberland that are covered by the STP but not by the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland - mountain transportation is the main difference as well.

Thanks again!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018