Glacier Express seat reservations Chur – St.Moritz

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 May 2018 at 10:07:16 #816324

Hi – My wife and I have our Swiss First Class travel passes and wish to travel Chur to St Moritz on 4 July. In trying to reserve seats we come up with “Seat Reservation not possible” on any of the day trains. As a test, any date between now and then gives the same result. Eventually, the site (GEX webshop) threw up available seats on the evening train but, although it showed plenty of seats in grey, supposedly available, I could not select them.

Am I missing something ? Are the trains all fully booked? Any advice would be appreciated. Many thanks

Mike

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 May 2018 at 14:51:56 #886821

Hi MikeeS and welcome to MySwissAlps!

It could be a site glitch…but it is entirely possible the train is sold out already.

The website is showing as down for maintenance for me at the moment.You can also try to reserve online here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/glacierexpress/p ackages

There are 3 trains from Chur to St. Moritz on 04.07.2018: 14:32, 15:32 & 18:58. If you can’t book on them you can travel on the regional trains on the same route without reservations.
    https://www.myswissalp s.com/glacierexpress/g ettingthere

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    30 May 2018 at 21:10:19 #886822

There are plenty of 1st Class seats on the 18:58 departure but none on the others.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 May 2018 at 21:31:36 #886823

Thanks, Lucas and Rockoyster – the prompt replies you folks provide is a great example for other service providers.

The 18:58 will be too late for us so we’ll go with the regional trains. Cheers

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 May 2018 at 23:22:38 #886824

You absolutely don’t need to use the Glacier Express if travelling just Chur – St Moritz. This line is the core main line of the Rhätische Bahn (RhB) Albula route. There are hourly Interregio (IR) regional express trains and no reservation is required. The trains leave Chur at 2 minutes before the hour (xx.58).

Here is the timetable PDF for that route:

http://www.fahrplanfelder.ch/ fileadmin/fap_pdf_fiel ds/2018/940.pdf

• The thread ‘Glacier Express seat reservations Chur – St.Moritz’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.