Dinner in Wengen on Monday in June?

• EASW
    Participant
    121 posts
    10 June 2022 at 22:54:26 #827472

We arrive in Wengen on a Monday in late June; plans are to check into our hotel (Hotel Alpenrose), then take the cable car to Mannlichen, hike down to Kleine Scheidegg and take the train back to Wengen. Looking for recommendations for informal dining (no fine dining) that evening, since it seems like many restaurants are closed on Mondays. We are not adverse to takeout to bring back to the hotel room, so any suggestions are welcome. Thank you! 🙂

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Lastlook
    Participant
    183 posts
    11 June 2022 at 0:22:12 #943119

On the off chance that you aren’t already aware, the Alpenrose offers a “half-board” option (breakfast and dinner) which I took when I was there 10 years ago. I am taking the half-board option there again later this month since it seemed reasonably priced.

Anna
    6274 posts
    11 June 2022 at 6:55:50 #943120

Hi EASW,

Here’s a list of restaurants recommended by Switzerland Tourism.

You can find more activity options in Wengen here: http://www.myswissalps.com/wengen/activities

Regards,

Anna

Boxjelly5
    Participant
    3 posts
    11 June 2022 at 17:27:40 #943121

Last night I had a pizza (Volacano) at Resorante Da Sina and it was superb. I’m thinking of going back tomorrow night for another. It’s open on mondays and has a nice atmosphere.

EASW
    Participant
    121 posts
    11 June 2022 at 21:09:40 #943122

Boxjelly5, thank you for the recommendation! That restaurant sounds like something we would enjoy. 🙂

EASW
    Participant
    121 posts
    11 June 2022 at 21:20:15 #943123

Yes, Lastlook, thank you–I know about the half-board option, although I didn’t book our room with it. I was thinking after a full day of travel, hiking and sightseeing, we might not want to worry about a more formal dinner arrangement. But I may inquire about it at check-in.

• The thread ‘Dinner in Wengen on Monday in June?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.