Direction to Zermatt-Construction work Visp-Tasch

• juluftravel
    Participant
    20 posts
    24 September 2017 at 14:53:16 #813345

Dear All/Lucas,

Thanks for the timetable link on my previous topic.

I noticed there are some construction works between VISP and Tasch on the Brig- Zermatt. And trains are cancelled between VISP and Tasch, Replacement bus service are operating. Longer travelling time and connections are not guaranteed. Duration of the construction work from 23.10.2017 until 19.11.2017.

How reliable are those replacement bus ? And where is the bus station ? Anyway of getting the bus timetable? It stated that connections are not guarantee….omgosh…that make me worries. Does my Swiss Transfer ticket covers for the bus fare ? Or I need to purchase another difference tickets.

Now I am panicking as what to do and should I cancel my trip from Zurich airport to Zermatt on 30th October 2017. As I had already booked my Swiss Transfer tickets, and I really don’t want to cancel my trip or my Swiss transfer tickets ( not sure be able to cancel or not too ) or my hotel in Zermatt.

Appreciated anyone advise on these conditions and situations .

Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 September 2017 at 15:13:39 #870127

Hi Juluftravel,

The bus replacements are reliable. You would disembark the train at Visp and they will transfer you onto a bus to get around the construction (and then back on a train at Täsch). There would be no need to cancel any tickets. The Swiss Transfer Ticket will still cover your trip – no worries there.

Because of the transfer time between bus and train as well as the fact the bus would be a little slower you will be delayed reaching Zermatt. But you don’t have any transfers to worry about as Zermatt is the next and last stop on the train line after Täsch.

Lucas

juluftravel
    Participant
    20 posts
    24 September 2017 at 15:53:46 #870128

Hi Lucas,

What a relief to know there`s nothing to worry about.

I also plan to travel to Gornergrat from Zermatt, is my Swiss transfer ticket entitle for discount ? And if weather is bad, is it advisable to go up ? Would I be able to see the Matterhorn up there?

I be back in Zurich on 1st November, is there a one day pass ticket to travel within Zurich city on trains and trams ?

I should have get the Swiss pass in the first place and save all my trouble.

And can you please recommend which SIM data card is reliable to use in Switzerland for my iPhone. Can I order online and deliver to my address or my hotel in GSTAAD ( That the first hotel I be staying after Geneva)

I really appreciated your advise and help.

Thank you

Arno
    15482 posts
    25 September 2017 at 7:22:27 #870129

Hi Juluftravel,

No, Gornergrat is not included nor discounted unfortunately. Please find details about what’s included in the Swiss Transfer Ticket here: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstransferticket/vali dity. Yes, a Swiss Travel Pass would have given you a discount: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity

I would not go up the Gornergrat if there are low clouds as the view will be close to nothing then. Wait for the sky to clear up if you can.

For SIM card tips, please see http://www.myswissalps.com/si mcard. Both the SIM card and the mobile wifi hotspot discussed there can be delivered to your hotel.

juluftravel
    Participant
    20 posts
    25 September 2017 at 15:53:32 #870130

Hi Arno,

Thank you so much for the Gornergrat and SIM card informations.

Can I buy the A ZVV day pass or multiple day pass at Zurich airport or must I order it online?

I believe this pass enables me to travel within specified zones for 24 hours – where I want, how I want and as often as I want.

Just confuse about the zone. Basically I intend to travel from Zurich airport to Zurich city for some sightseeing walks. Which zone should I purchase to cover from Zurich airport and Zurich city?

Thank you

Arno
    15482 posts
    25 September 2017 at 16:02:49 #870131

Hi Juluftravel,

You can buy it at the airport. If you’re not sure you can explain to the staff what you need and they sell you the correct version of the pass. Alternatively, the ZurichCARD is geared to tourists: it covers traveling from/to the airport and within the city, and it also includes museums. You can buy it online here.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    26 September 2017 at 6:20:09 #870132

Hi Juluftravel,

Whilst not included in the official MySwissAlps recommendations I found the SALT pre-pay SIM first class. There is a SALT Shop at Zurich Airport. The SIM costs CHF10 and you get CHF20 credit with that. Cost for high-speed data is CHF1.99 per day. It’s a real bargain. You will find some information on the Zurich store in this trip report http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/part-1-of-2-6-days-in-lauterbrunnen-and-lucerne

Also more information in my trip report at http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/the-reluctant-travellers-swiss-adventure under “Communications”

juluftravel
    Participant
    20 posts
    26 September 2017 at 15:18:43 #870133

Hi Arno,

Thank you so much regarding the Zurich Card. I really appreciated all the great informations and help from the Swiss Alps forums . Will update about my trip when I get back. Thank you

juluftravel
    Participant
    20 posts
    26 September 2017 at 15:24:28 #870134

Hi rockoyster,

Thank you for sharing your trips reports. I really enjoyed reading it and all those lil details does help a lots. I think your recommendation for the SALT shop at Zurich airport sound a better deal . Will sure to check it out once there. Thank you.

• The thread ‘Direction to Zermatt-Construction work Visp-Tasch’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.