Discount on Junfgrau Travel Pass with STP

• GarryP
    Participant
    5 posts
    18 August 2019 at 22:22:03 #823462

When looking at purchasing a 3 day Jungfrau TP, there is a discount for holders of the STP. Does my STP have to be valid only at time of purchasing the JTP to get this discount or does it require me to use STP days on the same days that I use JTP? Odd question, I know, but I can’t seem to find a clear answer anywhere.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    18 August 2019 at 23:27:48 #920404

Hello Peerlessgp and Welcome to MySwissAlps

The STP has to be valid at the same time you plan to use the Jungfrau Travel Pass. Basically makes the combination pointless.

http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfrautravelpass/price

Based on your personal itinerary you should read “How to choose the best travel pass” (http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass), download the handy spreadsheet calculator and do the math. The spreadsheet also includes links to the “Where it’s valid” page for all available passes. Be sure to check those pages for each pass you are considering. Study the map AND read all the text on those pages to fully understand what is covered by the respective pass.

GarryP
    Participant
    5 posts
    19 August 2019 at 19:29:05 #920405

Yes, under the circumstances, pointless is an accurate description. We have used the spreadsheet and found it to be a great way to figure out what travel passes we need for a 22 day trip. We will use a 3 day Zurich City pass, a 15 day STP and are juggling between a 3 day Jungfrau and a 3 day Bernese Oberland. We’ll probably go with the Bernese Oberland because its wider coverage offers us some opportunities we hadn’t previously considered. We’ll be covered for everything except our trip from Bern to Zurich airport when we leave. Thanks for your help.

• The thread ‘Discount on Junfgrau Travel Pass with STP’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.