Swiss Half Fare Card discounts?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 August 2017 at 12:02:11 #812829

Hello, we are 5 people and a big dog and we are going to visit Switzerland travelling around by our own car, but we are going to visit a lot of places, so maybe it’s cheaper buy the SWISS HALF FARE CARD or another one, we will get as closer as we can by car, but we want to know if it deserves to buy this card for the mountain trains or cable cars to reach the mountains that we can’t get by car. Could you please let me know the % of discount to arrive to these places:

The trip up to the Jungfraujoch

Bachalpsee Lake and Oberer Gletscher

Castles: Chillon Castle, Oberhofen castle, Thun Castle

Trümmelbach Falls

Eggishorn – Aletsch Glacier

Train Grindelwald-Grund to Männlichen

Zermatt-Matterhorn train and trip up to Zermatt

Alphachstad to mount pilatus

Thank you very much for your answers =)

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 August 2017 at 20:05:32 #867808

Hi Mikiii and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The discounts on routes using the Swiss Half Fare Card are 50%. To see what attractions are covered and a route map click on our link for the Swiss Half Fare Card validity here.

Many people traveling by car but wanting to go into the mountains buy the Swiss Half Fare Card – it is usually a good option. Click here to see how to buy the Swiss Half Fare Card online and have it emailed to you.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 August 2017 at 9:32:35 #867809

Hello Lucas,

Thanks a lot for your quick answer, but as far as I know the trip up to the Jungfraujoch is not all included for 50% off. I read that there are several mountain trains or cable cars to get to the top (Jungfraujoch) and the appicable discount is not always the 50% I read that in at least one of them, I think that in the last one that is the expensive one is the 25%, is it true? As the Jungfraujoch is the most expensive place that we will go we want to be sure if we save the enought money to buy the Swiss Half Fare Card. Thanks a lot=)

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 August 2017 at 9:46:07 #867810

As far as I know we need to get a train from Grindelwald to Mannlichen mount that cost 34CHF, another one from Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfraujoch that cost 128CHF (with return) and the last one from Kleine Scheidegg hasta Grindelwald grund for 27 CHF, could you please let me know how much discount we will have in each of these trains. Thanks a lot =)

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 August 2017 at 10:28:33 #867811

Hi Mikii,

The Swiss Half Fare Card gets you 50% off the trip all the way to the top of Jungfraujoch whichever way you go. Please read through my link above on its validity; you will find a list of top attractions as well as a PDF map.

You can find a link for the price list to get there from different nearby towns on our Jungfraujoch page here.

Cheers!
    Lucas

• The thread ‘Swiss Half Fare Card discounts?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.