Discounted tickets Swiss mountaintop attractions

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 February 2019 at 0:16:28 #819812

Hello Everyone again,

Is it cheaper and guaranteed admission to buy tickets to the attraction sites like Glacier 3000, Matterhorn Glacier Paradise and Gornegat Observatory if I buy the tickets once I am there or avail of the tickets sold on the Viator website?

I have read somewhere that I can obtain discounted tickets to these attraction sites just by showing my Swiss Travel Pass. True?

I did get a discounted online Glacier Express fare just by acknowledging that I have a Swiss Travel Pass Flex. 🙂

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    7 February 2019 at 1:53:13 #903704

Just be aware that the Swiss Travel Pass Flex is only of any value for getting discounts on days which you nominate/use as a travel day.

From Viator you normally get a voucher which you will need to exchange for a ticket at the local ticket office.

The Gornergrat train and the Klein Matterhorn(Glacier Paradise) cable way are both discounted 50% if you use a travel day on your Swiss Travel Pass Flex. See http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpassflex/vali dity.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 February 2019 at 20:35:04 #903705

Hi,

In addition to what Rockoyster mentioned, you can buy tickets online in advance or on the day depending on what you prefer.

Prices are equal or very similar, and availability is not an issue.

Read more here about your options:

Have a great time!

Maria.

• The thread ‘Discounted tickets Swiss mountaintop attractions’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10720 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.