Swiss Travel Pass discounts for UAE residents

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 October 2015 at 9:44:31 #808009

Hi There,We intend to travel to Switzerland (Milan to Lucerne) on the 17th and are interested in buying a Swiss pass. I have checked the promo codes and wanted to know if there is any promo code to get us a discount from the raileurope-gcc website.

Thanks very much

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    5 October 2015 at 10:04:19 #846417

Hi DiviShetty,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! All prices and promotions for the Swiss Travel Pass can be found here:

As you can see there, the basic pass price is very attractive already; much cheaper than when you would buy a pass in Switzerland. On top of that you can get a 20% additional discount (so 70% off overall) on various cable cars: http://www.raileurope-gcc.com/pass/swiss-peak-promo-7406. Delivery takes 2 to 5 days, so you’re still in time.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 October 2015 at 10:08:55 #846418

Actually We are leaving for Italy on Thursday so I think there is no time. I can arrange for collection at a local office here as per the Rail Europe GCC website. However With regards to the 70% discount for the peaks, can I buy that from the Rail-GCC website right now? I believe the voucher will be generated and sent over the email rather than physical delivery? Am I correct?

Arno
    15471 posts
    5 October 2015 at 10:24:19 #846419

The peak vouchers are physical paper tickets, just like the Swiss Travel Pass. If you are able to collect it from their local shop you can place your order online, and collect it from the shop in Deira 2 days later. So you would need to order today to take advantage of this offer. “Ticket collection at the shop” will be offered to you while ordering. There are no additional costs (on the peak vouchers). The pass can be found on http://www.raileurope-gcc.com/pass/swiss-travel-pass-82; the peak vouchers can be found on the page I gave you in my previous post.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 October 2015 at 10:27:35 #846420

Okay, so If I order immediately today, will it come for sure by Thursday? We travel on Friday early morning so even if it comes in on Thursday, we can collect the same. Or else we may miss the tickets 🙁

Arno
    15471 posts
    5 October 2015 at 11:10:33 #846421

Hi DiviShetty,

Sure, their site says it will only take 2 days. You can see the details while ordering (before you pay).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 October 2015 at 18:54:14 #846422

Thank you very much….really appreciate all your prompt and precise answers very much. We have 1 more question so I hope its okay to ask in this topic….Would you know if we can possibly keep our luggage at the Lucerne Train station? If yes, how do we go about it and what charges are applicable.

Arno
    15471 posts
    6 October 2015 at 5:31:01 #846423

You’re most welcome! You can store your luggage in the lockers. The price is CHF 6 to 9 for 24 hours, depending on the size. There’s also a left luggage office.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass discounts for UAE residents’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.