Distance from Luzern train station to boat

• Skarif
    Participant
    8 posts
    10 June 2018 at 1:12:06 #816549

We will be traveling by train from Interlaken to Lucerne and take the boat to Flüelen from Lucerne. How far is the place where we would board the boat from the train station where we would arrive? How long would be the walk? We would be taking several trains afterwards that day before reaching Chur finally. We would not have much waiting time in any station along the way to have food. We would have about one hour in between train and boat in Lucerne. Is there any suggestion of food place there to eat and also to buy food for our way for the whole day? How expensive is the food on the boat, if available?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 June 2018 at 7:49:27 #887872

Hi Skarif,

The boat docks in Luzern are about a 2 minute walk from the station. Just across the street on the lake once you walk out the front of the station.

I would suggest going to a Migros or Coop supermarket near Interlaken Ost station to stock up on food. You’ll also have plenty of time to do that at Luzern train station as well.

Skarif
    Participant
    8 posts
    10 June 2018 at 14:45:53 #887873

Thanks Lucas.

We would start from Interlaken West. Which place/store do you suggest near Interlaken West to stock up on food?

Thanks

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 June 2018 at 19:06:16 #887874

There is a Migros right across the street from Interlaken West. You can see it on Google Maps to help you find it.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 June 2018 at 22:43:12 #887875

My wife prefers the Coop* in Unterseen (5 mins walk up the road from Inetrlaken West) – we used it twice a day last summer for a week – in the morning for the day’s picnic, and in the afternoon for the evening’s camp site meal in our tent!

I would not recommend adding shopping to the ‘stress’ of the train – boat connection at Luzern – better to get to the front of the boat queue.

The catering is pleasant on Swiss lake boats but pricey for most tourists

* even though I am ‘wedded’ to Migros traditionally as I first set foot in one aged about 6 months…

• The thread ‘Distance from Luzern train station to boat’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.