Distance from Luzern train station to boat

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Skarif
Skarif
8 posts
Jun 10, 2018 - 1:12 AM

We will be traveling by train from Interlaken to Lucerne and take the boat to Flüelen from Lucerne. How far is the place where we would board the boat from the train station where we would arrive? How long would be the walk? We would be taking several trains afterwards that day before reaching Chur finally. We would not have much waiting time in any station along the way to have food. We would have about one hour in between train and boat in Lucerne. Is there any suggestion of food place there to eat and also to buy food for our way for the whole day? How expensive is the food on the boat, if available?

Lucas
Lucas
9817 posts
expert &
Jun 10, 2018 - 7:49 AM in reply to Skarif

Hi Skarif,

The boat docks in Luzern are about a 2 minute walk from the station. Just across the street on the lake once you walk out the front of the station.

I would suggest going to a Migros or Coop supermarket near Interlaken Ost station to stock up on food. You'll also have plenty of time to do that at Luzern train station as well.

Skarif
Skarif
8 posts
Jun 10, 2018 - 2:45 PM

Thanks Lucas.

We would start from Interlaken West. Which place/store do you suggest near Interlaken West to stock up on food?

Thanks

Lucas
Lucas
9817 posts
expert &
Jun 10, 2018 - 7:06 PM in reply to Skarif

There is a Migros right across the street from Interlaken West. You can see it on Google Maps to help you find it.

1960man
1960man
722 posts
top member
Jun 10, 2018 - 10:43 PM in reply to Lucas

My wife prefers the Coop* in Unterseen (5 mins walk up the road from Inetrlaken West) - we used it twice a day last summer for a week - in the morning for the day's picnic, and in the afternoon for the evening's camp site meal in our tent!

I would not recommend adding shopping to the 'stress' of the train - boat connection at Luzern - better to get to the front of the boat queue.

The catering is pleasant on Swiss lake boats but pricey for most tourists

* even though I am 'wedded' to Migros traditionally as I first set foot in one aged about 6 months...

Last modified on Jun 10, 2018 - 10:45 PM by 1960man

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018