Finding distilled water in local Swiss pharmacies

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2017 at 1:09:19 #811621

Can someone tell me..my husband has a c-pap machine and he must use distilled water. We will be in Appenzell for two nights. Does the pharmacist usually carry this? I emailed and they have not answered. Has anyone run into this situation?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2017 at 12:39:06 #862561

Hi jmaddox01,

This shouldn’t be a problem – it is something that is normally carried in pharmacies here – it could be an issue in smaller towns but I really don’t think so. If you are going to be in a larger town like Zurich before hand you would have a better chance here.

It is somewhat possible that English is an issue but today is a holiday and yesterday was Sunday so I’m not surprised that no one has replied – you may have better luck tomorrow. Also, perhaps contact your hotel in Appenzell and they can arrange for the water for you from the pharmacy.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2017 at 12:51:45 #862562

Thank you Lucas. We’ve never had a problem before in our trips to Europe. However, this is our first trip to Switzerland.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    2 May 2017 at 2:47:35 #862563

<<We’ve never had a problem before in our trips to Europe. However, this is our first trip to Switzerland”>>

It will be an immense surprise if you cannot find the answer to any medical needs in Switzerland. Excellent medical systems. My experience with the pharmacies in major cities ( such as the one in Zürich main station) has been exemplary.

Not cheap. High quality.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Finding distilled water in local Swiss pharmacies’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10720 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.