Do Swiss hotels hold luggage for a day?

• Hrishi
    Participant
    12 posts
    28 July 2019 at 13:33:12 #823100

Hello Swiss Experts,

While travelling in Swiss, we are doing some trips only for one night and then coming back to base locations. In that case, we would not like to travel with entire luggage ? Do hotels at base locations generally hold luggage in such situations?

Thanks in advance,

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    29 July 2019 at 18:27:36 #918809

Hi Hrishi,

Holding luggage for a few hours won’t be a problem. I’ve never requested for overnight luggage storage, so here’s my best guess: if you return to the same hotel, effectively just skipping one night with them, then I can’t imagine this to be an issue. If not, then I’m not sure as there are luggage storage options elsewhere too, mainly at larger train stations. I recommend to ask them in order to be sure.

• The thread ‘Do Swiss hotels hold luggage for a day?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.