Swiss Travel Pass for 18 people incl children?

Swiss Travel Pass for 18 people incl children?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Twila prehei
Twila prehei
4 posts
May 10, 2018 - 7:27 PM

Spending 3 days around Interlaken with 18 family members. Will see Murren, Gimmelwald and Schilthorn. I plan on buying Swiss Travel Pass for adult members and family card. Is that all I need for children under 16 if we mainly spend times in small villages and plan to travel by rail, bus and cable car?

Lucas
Lucas
8865 posts
expert &
May 11, 2018 - 3:17 AM in reply to Twila prehei

Hi Twila prehei and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The Swiss Family Card can accommodation 5 children (must write names on the card). So if you have more than that (kids 6 to 16) be sure to order a second one.

You can see where the Swiss Travel Pass is valid here. The Swiss Family Card provides free trips to the children traveling with you (even if you must pay a portion of the ticket cost, they are free).

Twila prehei
Twila prehei
4 posts
May 11, 2018 - 1:10 PM in reply to Lucas

Thanks, Lucas for the reminder to get 2 family cards. The Swiss Travel pass seems to be the card for us as we will also be traveling from Zurich airport to Interlaken as well as the Murren/Schilthorn areas. Getting to and from Interlaken to Schilthorn is all included in the cost of the Swiss Travel Pass, correct? Can I just buy the pass when we arrive at the Zurich airport?

Lucas
Lucas
8865 posts
expert &
May 11, 2018 - 1:45 PM in reply to Twila prehei

Yes, you can buy the Swiss Travel Pass at Zurich airport or it is usually easier to buy it online and have it emailed to you for printing at home. That way everyone has an electronic back up in case it is lost (and you don't need to wait in line at the airport).

You can see what routes and mountains are covered fully or partially by the Swiss Travel Pass here.

Twila prehei
Twila prehei
4 posts
May 11, 2018 - 2:18 PM in reply to Lucas

Thank You. We will be leaving from Zurich with 13 passengers. Would we qualify for a group discount?

Arno
Arno
11148 posts
expert &
May 11, 2018 - 5:25 PM

Hi Twila,

No, there is no group discount. I strongly recommend to buy your passes online as Lucas suggested also. It's really uncomfortable and time consuming to arrange all of that at a train station. You would have to go to the ticket office with all 18 people and all their passports, and then you'll have to wait for the staff to type all your names, passport numbers, birth dates, etc.

Trusted online retailers are listed on www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price. Simply order no later than a week before you travel, so you can print a pass for everyone, plus some spare copies. On arrival you can hop on the first train immediately.

Have fun!

Last modified on May 11, 2018 - 5:27 PM by Arno
Twila prehei
Twila prehei
4 posts
May 11, 2018 - 8:32 PM

Thank You, Arno. I will definitely go online and buy my passes.

Love all the info and suggestions that MYSWISSALPS has given me.

Twila

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018