Do I need seat reservations from Chiasso to Luzern

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 September 2017 at 16:26:00 #813203

Hello everyone,

I would really be grateful if you can clarify my query. I will be travelling to Luzern from Venezia Mestre on 13th Oct, 2017. I have already purchased Swiss Travel Pass hence I want to book my tickets to Chaisso since Switzerland part of the journey is covered by non panoramic trains.

My questions:

1. Do I need seat reservation from Chiasso to Luzern? (Can I continue in the same seat which I reserved from Milan to Chiasso?)

Trains I am planning to travel:

Venezia Mestre – Departure – 7:50 am and Milano Centrale – Arrival at 9:50 am in Frecciarossa 9710

Milano Centrale – Departure – 10:15 am and Chiasso – Arrival 11:08 am in Eurocity 158. This train final destination is Basel and arrives at Luzern at 13:41.

2. Are there any Panoramic trains which I can use for my journey to Luzern? I am not sure how to search in the Swiss Time Table. I am okay even if it takes a bit longer.

Hope my query is clear.

Regards

• The thread ‘Do I need seat reservations from Chiasso to Luzern’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.