Do I need seat reservations from Chiasso to Luzern

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
DJIndia
DJIndia
10 posts
Sep 6, 2017 - 4:26 PM

Hello everyone,

I would really be grateful if you can clarify my query. I will be travelling to Luzern from Venezia Mestre on 13th Oct, 2017. I have already purchased Swiss Travel Pass hence I want to book my tickets to Chaisso since Switzerland part of the journey is covered by non panoramic trains.

My questions:

1. Do I need seat reservation from Chiasso to Luzern? (Can I continue in the same seat which I reserved from Milan to Chiasso?)

Trains I am planning to travel:

Venezia Mestre - Departure - 7:50 am and Milano Centrale - Arrival at 9:50 am in Frecciarossa 9710

Milano Centrale - Departure - 10:15 am and Chiasso - Arrival 11:08 am in Eurocity 158. This train final destination is Basel and arrives at Luzern at 13:41.

2. Are there any Panoramic trains which I can use for my journey to Luzern? I am not sure how to search in the Swiss Time Table. I am okay even if it takes a bit longer.

Hope my query is clear.

Regards

Arno
Arno
11269 posts
expert &
Sep 6, 2017 - 5:35 PM

Hi DJIndia,

1. No, Swiss trains do not require reservations apart from a few scenic tourist trains. You can optionally book seats in some long distance trains. If nobody else booked your seat number you can stay seated. Please see www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/reservations.

2. Yes, there is, please see www.myswissalps.com/go tthardpanoramaexpress.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018