Seat reservation when leaving Switzerland with STP

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 August 2019 at 6:02:29 #823471

I am wanting to travel from Lazern to Zurich, then Zurich to Salzburg on September 30. I have a STP and have bought a ticket from Buchs to Salzburg with a seat reservation. Therefore, it is important that I can be on the same train when it leaves Zurich so I am wondering if I need a seat reservation on the Zurich to Buchs leg of that journey. Help please. If no seat reservation is required do I just show up with my STP in hand and they’ll let me board?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 August 2019 at 7:19:57 #920444

Hello Cathy60,

You can travel on the same train without any problems, as you say, just have the Swiss Travel Pass with you and present in upon request, you will for sure be allowed to board the train, boarding is NOT checked!
    http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/howtouse

What can happen, is that your reserved seat Buchs – Salzburg, which will be marked as such, will be taken by a traveler leaving the train before Buchs. But the chance is just as big that your seat will be free without reservation on the Zurich – Buchs leg of the journey. I hope I’m making my self clear..?!

To see which train runs directly, use the timetable below, whereas I assume you’ve checked that already.
    http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Get back to us anytime for further support.

Best,
    Steph

• The thread ‘Seat reservation when leaving Switzerland with STP’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.