Do Swiss Supersaver tickets follow a pattern?

• cc123
    Participant
    58 posts
    22 May 2019 at 19:15:17 #821785

looking at travel on 26 july from Lausanne to Genèv. Since I can’t book in advance, i used the tickets for 19 july as a proxy. The 742am train had a supersaver ticket. But the 742am train on 12 July doesnt have a supersaver discount.

1. Does that mean the tickets for 26 july may/may not have a supersaver ticket with the same discount?

2. My name is written in the order of “last name” “first name” on my passport. as this format is reversed in SBB when booking online tickets, will this be an issue when the conductor checks the tickets?

thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

pkerr
    Participant
    265 posts
    23 May 2019 at 13:49:34 #913090

This is just specualtion on my part (I’m doing a trip in August and am looking to buy SuperSaver as well) but it seems that SuperSaver availability is based on demand and they only sell a certain number of those fare tickets. From various Web sites they say “The earlier you check, the more supersaver tickets are available”

Arno
    15478 posts
    28 May 2019 at 8:15:12 #913091

Hi cc123,

I noticed that you submitted a new thread with the same question regarding names. Please try to prevent that (see the forum rules), thanks! I will remove the duplicate thread.

There is no problem as long as your name is spelled correctly. The first/last name order can be different on different documents but that’s not important.

Enjoy you trip!

cc123
    Participant
    58 posts
    28 May 2019 at 9:03:37 #913092

Arno, sorry for the duplicate. My question wasnt answered and the thread was way down the list so i thought to post a new thread.

i’ll repost the question in the same thread in the future.

• The thread ‘Do Swiss Supersaver tickets follow a pattern?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.