Swiss Travel Pass Flex use on non-travel days

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 March 2019 at 2:57:01 #820589

1. We will be buying Swiss Flexi Pass for 15 trips in the month. It is not clear to me if the half price mountain excursions or the boat trips count as a rail day. I am presuming a museum entry would not. Could you please clarify whether a rail day is used up on these Extras.

2. We will be weary travellers from Australia and will buy the Flexi Pass at Zurich Airport unless there is a better way.

Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    25 March 2019 at 4:34:38 #907540

Hello Julie T and Welome to MySwissAlps

1. The Swiss Travel Pass Flex has zero value on the days you do not nominate to use it as a travel day. So yes you would need to use a travel day to get a discount ticket on a cable car. You can’t use the flex pass for entry to a museum on a non-travel day.

2. I bought mine from Happyrail and got it posted to my home address in Australia. They don’t charge a delivery fee but it took 3 weeks to arrive.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 March 2019 at 5:13:48 #907541

Many thanks. Looks like the 15 journeys will be well and truly used!

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    25 March 2019 at 5:16:47 #907542

Hi Julie,

Just make sure it is worth “spending” a travel day. You will hopefully get a lot more than 15 journeys out of your 15 travel days. 😎

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass Flex use on non-travel days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10720 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.