Doctor or walk-in clinic in Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 June 2019 at 17:48:07 #822573

Hi- we’re currently in lauterbrunnen and our son broke his arm skiing in Zermatt a few days ago. He was seen in Zermatt and they put a hard sided splint on but the doctor there told us to have him seen tmrw to have a full cast put on. The medical facility here doesn’t do casting so I wanted ask if anyone knew of an urgent care or walk in type clinic in interlaken? Thanks so much

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    30 June 2019 at 18:04:50 #916548

Sorry to say that I don’t know of one. Staff at the train station might know, as well as the tourist info office if it is open now.

The main rail stations all have walk in clinics. You nearest on would be Bern, 52 minutes to an hour or so from Interlaken Ost.:

http://www.sbb.ch/content/int ernet/sbb/en/bahnhof-services/bahnhoefe/bah nhof-bern/geschaefte/shop-detail.html/geo-hirslanden-bern-ag-praxiszentrum-am-bahnhof-790doffices

<<“Opening hours.

Mon.–Fri. 7h30–18h00

Sat.–Sun. 9h00–18h00″>>

Slowpoke

PnBA
    Participant
    51 posts
    30 June 2019 at 20:38:52 #916549

It’s very difficult to believe that there were no highly expert physicians in or near such a prominent ski area as Zermatt who could take care of such a problem. In the US, for example, it’s easier to find such expertise in Vail or Aspen, than it is in Denver. If you’re in Lauterbrunnen now, you should be able to find expertise in Grindelwald.

Some fractures do not need casts, while others require highly expert casting to avoid long-term consequences. In the US, the kind of expertise required to tell the difference would not generally be found in an urgent care center or walk-in clinic.

Wherever you go, bring a copy of the X-rays already taken if possible.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    30 June 2019 at 21:18:53 #916550

One complication for them is that it is a Sunday.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 June 2019 at 21:19:57 #916551

I’m actually a nurse practitioner in the U.S. so I understand why he needs a full cast and why she didn’t put one on in Zermatt. They put a hard sided splint on at the clinic in Zermatt and we left the next day traveling here. You can’t fully cast it until you’re a 3-5 days out from the injury to accommodate for swelling so the physician there said to have it casted tmrw but the clinic here in lauterbrunnen doesn’t do casting. I thought I would ask here and see if anyone had any kind of orthopedic injury while in the area. I found out the clinic in Wengen does do casting, so we should be good.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    30 June 2019 at 22:53:18 #916552

<<“I found out the clinic in Wengen does do casting, so we should be good.”>>

Good to hear and not surprising. Wengen is the site of the Lauberhorn Run:

http://www.myswitzerland.com/ en-us/experiences/the-lauberhorn-run/

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 July 2019 at 2:43:04 #916553

Hi,

There is a walk in clinic just outside of interlaken west station. Not sure if there are any orthopedic services there.

Hope your son is doing okay now and will get desired treatment soon.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 July 2019 at 10:18:06 #916554

Hello Bjcm12,

I also found the walk-in-clinic in Interlaken at the Interlaken West train station.
    http://www.walk-in-clinic.ch/

Quick recovery for your son and nevertheless a nice continuation of your trip.

Best,
    Steph

Sharpl
    Participant
    50 posts
    1 July 2019 at 20:15:47 #916555

We just returned from Switzerland on June 13th. My husband was ill with a pretty bad sinus and ear infection and visited a doctor on Sunday in Wengen. We were staying at the Arenas Resort and it was just up the hill a ways. They gave him several RXs.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    1 July 2019 at 20:22:56 #916556

<<“in Wengen. We were staying at the Arenas Resort “>>

Isn’t that the famous and excellent Hotel Victoria-Lauberhorn? Nice place.

Slowpoke

Sharpl
    Participant
    50 posts
    2 July 2019 at 0:15:42 #916557

Yes, it was our favorite hotel amongst our 4 base cities. Our balcony view of the waterfalls and the valley was gorgeous. I plan to post a report very soon with some of my husband’s gorgeous photos!

• The thread ‘Doctor or walk-in clinic in Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.