Does a pass make sense for us?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 October 2015 at 14:55:38 #808010

We are traveling by train from Milan to Interlaken and would like to take the scenic train to Jungfraujoch as well. Would it make sense for us to get a pass? We will be in Interlaken for 3 nights and are leaving on Wednesday, 7 October.

Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    5 October 2015 at 17:13:24 #846424

Hi milliew, thanks for posting here!

Yes, a rail pass will save money. I suggest you look into the Swiss Half Fare Card: myswissalps.com/swissh alffarecard. Purchase options are listed at myswissalps.com/swissh alffarecard/price. In your case it’s easiest to buy an e-ticket through http://www.swissrailways.com. If you order quickly, you can have your printed pass at hand when heading for Switzerland, and you won’t need to get off the train near the Swiss border to buy it.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 October 2015 at 17:43:21 #846425

Thank you. It seems I don’t have enough to buy it for travel beginning Wednesday, 7 October. The first date it will let me put in is Thursday, 8 October. If we buy the pass at a Swiss train station, may we use it immediately?

Thanks so much for your help.

Annika
    7116 posts
    6 October 2015 at 5:22:22 #846426

I’m sorry to hear that! In that case you need a full priced ticket from Milan to Brig, and get off the train. Then buy your Swiss Half Fare Ticket and discounted tickets, and take the next train to Interlaken.

Enjoy your stay!

• The thread ‘Does a pass make sense for us?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.