Does a Swiss pass include travel to Murren?

Does a Swiss pass include travel to Murren?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
JJwinter
JJwinter
1 post
Oct 27, 2017 - 8:59 AM

Hello! My family and I are planning our first trip to Switzerland! We will fly into Zurich on Tuesday, travel to Murren on Wednesday and stay there two days, then travel to Lucerne on Friday and stay there one night before going back to Zurich on Saturday and flying out.

My question is this: when I look at the Swiss travel pass online, it says I would still need to purchase some mountain train tickets and cable car tickets separately. Is it smart to buy a 4-day pass (and pay for the last day separately)? Or should I just book all tickets separately? How do I know what mountain trains or cable cars would not be included in the pass? I'm wondering if we couldn't even use the pass after we reach Interlaken or Lauterbrunnen and need to travel to Murren. What would be the cheapest and best way for me to get tickets for our trip? Thank you!

Arno
Arno
10749 posts
expert &
Oct 27, 2017 - 10:01 AM

Hi JJwinter, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

If you click to the "Where it's valid" tab on our Swiss Travel Pass page you'll find all the details about coverage: www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass. Be sure to download the map. The ride to Mürren is fully covered.

Whether or not the Swiss Travel Pass is your cheapest option can be calculated as explained here: www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass. It can indeed make sense to buy a 5-day pass for a 4-day stay, and not use the pass on the first or last day (whichever day you have the least amount of traveling).

The purchase options are listed here: www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price

I hope this helps you decide!

Last modified on Oct 27, 2017 - 10:02 AM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018