Does a Swiss pass include travel to Murren?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 October 2017 at 8:59:13 #813572

Hello! My family and I are planning our first trip to Switzerland! We will fly into Zurich on Tuesday, travel to Murren on Wednesday and stay there two days, then travel to Lucerne on Friday and stay there one night before going back to Zurich on Saturday and flying out.

My question is this: when I look at the Swiss travel pass online, it says I would still need to purchase some mountain train tickets and cable car tickets separately. Is it smart to buy a 4-day pass (and pay for the last day separately)? Or should I just book all tickets separately? How do I know what mountain trains or cable cars would not be included in the pass? I’m wondering if we couldn’t even use the pass after we reach Interlaken or Lauterbrunnen and need to travel to Murren. What would be the cheapest and best way for me to get tickets for our trip? Thank you!

• The thread ‘Does a Swiss pass include travel to Murren?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.