Do I need AC in my hotel in Luzern for July?

Do I need AC in my hotel in Luzern for July?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Euro2018
Euro2018
30 posts
Mar 3, 2018 - 4:36 AM

Hello,

I am planning to be in Luzern Mid July and i have an accommodation with no AC but fan , during July i heard it will be too hot and will be sweating if there is no AC. is this true ? would that be bearable during night atleast . I am travelling with 2 younger kids .

Please help me and answer my question

Thanks in advance

AlanPrice
AlanPrice
194 posts
Mar 3, 2018 - 7:55 AM in reply to Euro2018

Hi,

AC is not as common in Europe as it is in some other countries. Heating tends to be more a priority than cooling. Yes, it can get hot, stifling even, but it is usually only a problem for visitors coming from the southern hemisphere where it is late autumn and a lot cooler.

Hope this helps,

Alan

rockoyster
rockoyster
3928 posts
expert
Mar 3, 2018 - 8:38 AM in reply to Euro2018

Hello Euro2018 and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

I was in Lucerne last year in early June. There was an unusual warm spell for that time of year. Daily top temperatures were around 29°C. I would not have wanted to be in a hotel without air-conditioning.

We move from there to Konstanz and had a room with only a fan. It was unpleasantly warm overnight.

Lucas
Lucas
8941 posts
expert &
Mar 3, 2018 - 9:06 AM in reply to Euro2018

Hi Euro2018,

Yes, I'd second that and try my best to get a hotel with AC in July and August. Zurich (which isn't far from Lucerne) was routinely above 27/28 degrees For all of July & August. 33-35 has not been unusual the past few summers here.

Summers have definitely been hotter than I expected and winters been warmer than expected (at least for me).

Euro2018
Euro2018
30 posts
Mar 3, 2018 - 1:18 PM

Thank you all first of all,

let me elaborate here, we will be staying in bnb and they do have fans in the living room, and bed room and the owner says with fans and have windows open during night( most of the day time we will be out ) should not be a big problem . what you guys think regarding this , any thoughts ?

our itinerary is we are planing to arrive 17th night and leave on 21st , so it is 4 nights and we dont have car depend on public transportation ( so bnb at remote place is not our choice) .

our itinerary

july 18th Mt Tiltis, July 19th, Golden pass from luzern to interlaken and to Montreaux and return back to interlaken, July 20th TBD

my understanding for the above it would be better to stay near luzern , am i right , please give your thoughts on this . if not, would there any bnb nearer to big train station ?

Thanks all again !!!!

Lucas
Lucas
8941 posts
expert &
Mar 3, 2018 - 4:40 PM in reply to Euro2018

Fans can work - it depends on how sensitive to the heat you and the kids might be and how hot it may or may not get. You could be lucky and its sunny and 25 and fans will make that just fine. If it is 35...that is tougher. You may want to look at a hotel with AC to be on the safe side.

I don't know anything about where any AirBnB's are located but you can take a look at our hotel suggestions for Luzern here. They will note how close they are to the train station for your convenience. :)

Luzern works well for Mt. Titlis and to start the Golden Pass route to Montreux. After Montreux you go to Interlaken for the night? That can work well. Use the Swiss railways timetable to plan out all your trips.

Last modified on Mar 3, 2018 - 4:41 PM by Lucas

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018