Is PDF from SBB the actual Swiss Travel Pass?

Is PDF from SBB the actual Swiss Travel Pass?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
deepakjain11
deepakjain11
8 posts
Aug 16, 2017 - 10:19 AM

Hi,

I have booked swiss travel pass for 2 person from SBB website. Immediately i recieved a pdf.Does this pdf is actual swiss travel pass which i can print it at home Or something else am i supposed to do.

Actually somewhere i had read that usually it takes 3-4 days to get the travel pass over the mail.That is why i got confused as i got mail containing pdf Immediately.

Regards

Deepak

COmeg
COmeg
1 post
Aug 16, 2017 - 5:27 PM

We just received our passes via Fed Ex yesterday. It took about a week to get them.

Pickergal
Pickergal
49 posts
Aug 17, 2017 - 2:06 AM

We did the print at home option for the Swiss Travel Pass and it did say the email would take a few days to arrive. We also received the pdf file immediately. I believe this is the actual Swiss Travel Pass. That is what it says on it. It has your names and dates of travel so I think you are good to go.

Alpenrose666
Alpenrose666
2137 posts
top member
Aug 17, 2017 - 2:21 AM in reply to deepakjain11

Hi Deepak,

If what you received as a PDF looks like the picture below, it is the actual Swiss Travel Pass that you can print at home.

tinyurl.com/y8zctct3

Alpenrose

Last modified on Aug 17, 2017 - 2:23 AM by Alpenrose666
deepakjain11
deepakjain11
8 posts
Aug 17, 2017 - 2:39 AM in reply to Alpenrose666

Hi Alpenrose,

PDF i received is same as in picture shared by you, which means it is actual Swiss Travel Pass.

You are of great help!

Thanks

Deepak

Amarkumar
Amarkumar
3 posts
Aug 17, 2017 - 5:44 AM

Dear Deepak,

Just wanted to check if you bought it from the sbb website directly.

Also any idea about veg food options in lucerne and zurich you might know.

Regards,

Amar.

Arno
Arno
10358 posts
expert &
Aug 17, 2017 - 6:05 AM

Hi all,

The SBB tourist webshop at www.swissrailways.com/ en allows you to buy the Swiss Travel Pass and have it e-mailed or physically shipped. E-mail is the preferred way: it will get you a PDF with the actual pass, and all details like passport numbers, names etc. already on it. All you have to do it print it. In order to get this version of the pass, you'll have to pick "Online Ticket" from the bottom of the list of delivery options. They'll show that list after filling out your address.

Last modified on May 17, 2018 - 11:50 AM by Arno
deepakjain11
deepakjain11
8 posts
Aug 17, 2017 - 9:20 AM in reply to Amarkumar

Hi Amar,

I have bought Swiss Travel Pass from sbb website directly. I tried on happyrail.com as well, but they were charging 1.8% extra on my mastercard. That is the reason i went with sbb because they were not charging anything extra.

As Arno suggested, for tourist recommended website is www.swissrailways.com.

And regarding veg food option: This will be my first switzerland trip. I don't have any idea. For stay we have booked by airbnb, primarily for self cooking point of view.

For planning and any doubt clarification, this website has been of great help: very easy and systematic to go through, very meaningful informative and very very helpful people.

Regards

Deepak

Amarkumar
Amarkumar
3 posts
Aug 17, 2017 - 2:14 PM in reply to deepakjain11

Deepak ,

Thanks.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018