Does Swiss Travel Pass cover Pilatus from Luzern?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 April 2017 at 17:49:50 #811260

Hi Arno,

I’m back again:) As a matter of fact, I may have more questions as I schedule our 11 days itinerary for Switzerland. We plan to do mount Pilatus tour as appended below:

Lucerne to Kriens by bus

Kriens to Frakmuntegg by gondola

Frakmunteg to kleinpilatus by Dragon ride (panoramic cableway)

walk on the dragon path, relaxa at panorama terrace and lunch

Kleinpilatus to Alpnachstad by world’s steepest cogwheel railway

Alpnachstad to lucerne by 1 hour boat cruise on lake of four cantons or by train

Does a family STP cover all these travels for our family of 2 adults and 3 children below 8yrs? Do I need any reservation to make in part of the travel?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 April 2017 at 6:31:59 #860925

Hi Aslamhabib,

Yes your travel to Mt. Pilatus is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass. The route you describe is the same one mentioned on our Mt. Pilatus page but in reverse.

You can find all routes and mountain tops that are covered fully or partially by the Swiss Travel Pass here.

The adults need to have a Swiss Travel Pass and the Swiss Family Card (free add-on) will cover any children between 5 and 15 (under 5 are always free). No reservations are required for this trip.

Regards,
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 April 2017 at 15:01:33 #860926

Thank you Lucas.

• The thread ‘Does Swiss Travel Pass cover Pilatus from Luzern?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.