Does Swiss Travel Pass cover Pilatus from Luzern?

Does Swiss Travel Pass cover Pilatus from Luzern?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
AslamHabib
AslamHabib
17 posts
Apr 2, 2017 - 5:49 PM

Hi Arno,

I'm back again:) As a matter of fact, I may have more questions as I schedule our 11 days itinerary for Switzerland. We plan to do mount Pilatus tour as appended below:

Lucerne to Kriens by bus

Kriens to Frakmuntegg by gondola

Frakmunteg to kleinpilatus by Dragon ride (panoramic cableway)

walk on the dragon path, relaxa at panorama terrace and lunch

Kleinpilatus to Alpnachstad by world's steepest cogwheel railway

Alpnachstad to lucerne by 1 hour boat cruise on lake of four cantons or by train

Does a family STP cover all these travels for our family of 2 adults and 3 children below 8yrs? Do I need any reservation to make in part of the travel?

Last modified on Apr 2, 2017 - 5:51 PM by AslamHabib
Lucas
Lucas
8877 posts
expert &
Apr 3, 2017 - 6:31 AM in reply to AslamHabib

Hi Aslamhabib,

Yes your travel to Mt. Pilatus is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass. The route you describe is the same one mentioned on our Mt. Pilatus page but in reverse.

You can find all routes and mountain tops that are covered fully or partially by the Swiss Travel Pass here.

The adults need to have a Swiss Travel Pass and the Swiss Family Card (free add-on) will cover any children between 5 and 15 (under 5 are always free). No reservations are required for this trip.

Regards,
Lucas

Last modified on Apr 3, 2017 - 6:33 AM by Lucas
AslamHabib
AslamHabib
17 posts
Apr 3, 2017 - 3:01 PM

Thank you Lucas.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018