Does Swiss Travel Pass Flex qualify for discounts?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 February 2017 at 5:31:23 #810835

Greetings,

There is information on discounted alpine travel fares (some 25% and some 50%) with the Swiss Travel Pass. Also free or discounted entry to Museums and attractions with the Swiss Travel Pass. Is the Swiss Travel Pass Flex also entitled to the same discounts?

Thanks! Looking forward to our trip to Switzerland!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 February 2017 at 9:09:46 #859078

Hi JnJtoALPS and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, you get the same benefits. Check out our information pages on the Swiss Travel Pass and Swiss Travel Pass Flex.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 February 2017 at 6:37:23 #859079

Thanks, Lucas! This information has been a great help!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 February 2017 at 13:59:30 #859080

Hi people, we as a family of 4, 2 adults and 2 children would be traveling to Switzerland. I’ve purchased a 4 days in a month flexi pass for 2 adults and that comes with the family card. My doubt is how does the non-free fares work out for the 4 of us. I am planning to do Jungfraujoch and Trummelbach falls on one day, pilatus and titlis one day, gornergrat on one day and Geneva on the fourth. All these trips are ex Zurich.

Thanks in advance

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 February 2017 at 14:13:43 #859081

Hi DrGerald,

You need to buy a regular ticket for the section that is offered as a discount only.

So for example when going to Jungfraujoch you only need to buy a ticket from Grindelwald or Wengen to Jungfraujoch (which is the 25% part). The trip from Zurich to Grindelwald\Wengen would be included on the Swiss Travel Pass Flex.

You can buy the last section online ahead of time here.

Read through the link on the Swiss Travel Pass Flex I listed on my above post and click on the “Where it’s Valid” tab and you can see which sections are discounted only (otherwise it is included on the pass).

Does that make sense?

Cheers,
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 February 2017 at 3:40:46 #859082

Hi Lucas. Thanks very much for your prompt response. My query is a bit different. With regards to the family card which comes add on to the Swiss flexi pass, does it entitle all the four members of the family to the same discounts on the mountain trains and cable cars? As I had mentioned earlier, I’ve bought 2 adult flexi pass tickets and the family card for the children comes along free. Do they get the same 25% and 50% benefits as well? Thanks again for your time.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 February 2017 at 9:17:25 #859083

Hi DrGerald,

Your children will travel totally free with you on the Family Card.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 February 2017 at 9:44:49 #859084

Thanks very much Lucas.

• The thread ‘Does Swiss Travel Pass Flex qualify for discounts?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.