Does the coronavirus affect trips to Switzerland?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

luvmystang
    Participant
    104 posts
    17 February 2022 at 11:52:12 #933667

Thank you. I was just about to ask. US entry apparently still falls under the must be fully vaccinated within 270 days rule from what I’ve read.

Annika
    7104 posts
    17 February 2022 at 19:09:30 #933668

Hi luvmystang. Yes, that’s correct. It’s unfortunate that yesterday’s communication stated that the vaccination requirement would be lifted for all travelers. It looks like Switzerland still plans to lift all entry measures. This might not take long anymore, but we haven’t found planned dates yet.

luvmystang
    Participant
    104 posts
    17 February 2022 at 19:17:23 #933669

No problem. I’m sure there will continue to be changes.

Thank you for all you do to keep us informed.

Mark
    Participant
    794 posts
    17 February 2022 at 19:20:11 #933670

What about those who have had a booster more than 275 days prior to entry? Can we get in with a negative test or are we completely banned from entry even though we have had 3 shots?

Mark

Manjiri_vora
    Participant
    16 posts
    18 February 2022 at 2:54:08 #933671

Yes , will 2 doses taken within 1 year be allowed for entry? I contacted my travel agent , he said typically it takes a few days for the new rules to be reflected for travel requirement. Fingers crossed all entry requirements especially of booster timings are lifted soon. As in our family everytime one member is outside the required time period of vaccine validity.

Anna
    6274 posts
    18 February 2022 at 5:05:47 #933672

Hi Mark, Manjiri,

The entry requirement for fully-vaccinated travellers outside the 270-day rule is still not clear but we’re hoping for some clarification soon. Most likely a test may be required prior to entry. We will update this thread when we get some new information.

Regards

Anna

Markus_see
    Participant
    1 post
    25 February 2022 at 7:59:52 #933673

What if a foreign traveller got tested positive WHILE in Switzerland. My question is : Yes, I am fully aware that one have to be isolated. But WHERE? Can the traveller still book ANY hotel and isolate in hotel? Do I have to inform the hotel that i tested positive and I will stay in your hotel. Is there a specific or quarantine hotel that the FOPH allocate?

I google everywhere but I couldnt find the answer.

http://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/isolation-und-quarantaene.html#1140872486

Anna
    6274 posts
    25 February 2022 at 15:23:17 #933674

Hi Markus see,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

Your concerns are valid. If you tested positive for Covid-19 while travelling in Switzerland, the general rule is that you should isolate yourself for 5 days, or longer if you still have symptoms. You can isolate yourself in a hotel (of your choice) and you should inform the hotel operator about this so special arrangement can be made regarding meals, housekeeping, etc.

Regards,

Anna

streetromeo
    Participant
    3 posts
    3 March 2022 at 10:59:25 #933675

11 Jun 2021 was my second dose, and I have flight on 6th March is arrival in Zurich from India. Can I Travel?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 March 2022 at 14:58:17 #933676

Hi streetromeo,

according to the country list compiled by Switzerland Tourism (you’ll find that attached to the first post in this thread), you can only enter if you’re fully vaccinated and if you received your last vaccination no longer than 270 days ago. Proof of vaccination is required. I’ve checked your dates here, and it says, that ‘the total number of days between Friday, June 11th, 2021 and Sunday, March 6th, 2022 is 268 days’. I hope that the calculator is correct.

For more information, please refer to the first post in this thread.

Ildiko

vincenology
    Participant
    13 posts
    12 March 2022 at 20:27:47 #933677

Hi,

May I know where can I obtain Swiss COVID Certificate? I’m intended to travel a few countries after Swiss, I noted Swiss COVID Certificate is no longer required within Switzerland. But I would still like to obtain it in order to travel to Italy.

Please advice. Thank you.

Vincent

Mark
    Participant
    794 posts
    12 March 2022 at 22:10:30 #933678

Any clarification yet on provision for those vaccinated and had booster shot more than 270 days prior?

mark

Anna
    6274 posts
    12 March 2022 at 22:22:08 #933679

Hi Mark,

Rumor has it – the government may lift all restrictions. The next announcement is set on 1 April or thereabouts. We’ll update this thread as soon as we get the latest information. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Anna

Anna
    6274 posts
    12 March 2022 at 22:27:41 #933680

Hi Vincent,

The online platform to request a Swiss COVID certificate is now only available for Swiss residents. If you wish a similar certificate for travel to Italy, you would have to contact he Italian travel authority for information and clarification.

Regards,

Anna

Frances25
    Participant
    6 posts
    14 March 2022 at 13:17:20 #933681

My understanding is that decision would be to lift the requirements to isolate in the event of a positive test and to wear masks on public transport and in healthcare institutions. It would not necessarily change the entry requirements set by the State Secretariat for Migration (SEM).

Annika
    7104 posts
    15 March 2022 at 10:28:08 #933682

Hi Frances25,

That’s true, unfortunately we don’t know if this will affect entry measures. In our first post of this thread, we write “Note: Switzerland plans to lift all health-related entry measures within the country from April 1. We’re not sure if this will also mean the end of the vaccination obligation for high-risk third countries.” Let’s hope we can soon update our information with favorable news :-)!

Manishapatel
    Participant
    4 posts
    18 March 2022 at 9:44:22 #933683

Hi, India is still a high risk contry as per Switzerland’s classification. ( Though cases here are much lower than even in a lot of low risk countries)

We are planning on visiting in June. Me and my husband would have completed more than 270 days from last vaccination. Can we enter with a negetive test? Or are we not allowed to enter at all

Pls help clarify.

Thanks

Anna
    6274 posts
    18 March 2022 at 10:18:01 #933684

Hi Manishapatel,

I’m afraid I don’t have the definitive answer for this. The next announcement is set to take place in a few weeks. We hope that by then we would have more information on whether vaccinated travellers from high-risk countries who don’t meet the 270-days vaccination requirement can do a test to enter Switzerland. Perhaps the government may decide to remove more countries from the high risk list or re-introduce testing at the borders.

I suggest keeping yourself informed by continuing to follow this thread. We will update this page as soon as new information becomes available. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Anna

rob_travels
    Participant
    5 posts
    27 March 2022 at 19:00:27 #933685

Hello, I’m wondering about whether a US resident/passport holder who doesn’t meet the vaccine or recovered standard could travel into Switzerland after having spent time in Italy or Austria. According to the travel check tool it looks like they can, as it does not even ask for citizenship/residency or vaccine status once one puts in Austria for instance as country of entry into Switzerland. It implies that where a traveler comes from overrides the fact that they are originally from a high risk country. I emailed the sem authorities and they stated that “any” traveler could come from those countries free of covid regulations.

Anna
    6274 posts
    28 March 2022 at 6:47:56 #933686

Hi rob travels,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

That is my understanding as well. If you are entering Switzerland directly from a country that is not on the SEM high-risk list, proof of vaccination, recovery or negative test result is waived. These rules may change every few weeks so be sure to check again just before your trip.

Regards,

Anna

Viewing 20 posts - 1,001 through 1,020 (of 1,071 total)
  • The thread ‘Does the coronavirus affect trips to Switzerland?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.