Does the coronavirus affect trips to Switzerland?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Gillian_H
    Participant
    4 posts
    30 March 2022 at 21:57:00 #933687

Hi rob travels,

When are you planning to go? I was wondering the same thing because I will be traveling to Switzerland entering from Italy in July and I am a US citizen. If you don’t mind, could you let me know if you find out any further information on this? Thank you!

Samuelxchang
    Participant
    30 posts
    31 March 2022 at 1:17:51 #933688

Hi everyone!

I am traveling in June. Do you think that the travel restrictions will still be close to none? Also, my home country requires a negative laboratory antigen test taken 24 hrs before departure, any lab recommendations that are affordable in Geneva?

Thanks

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 March 2022 at 7:02:37 #933689

Hi Samuelxchang,

I really hope that every restrictions will be cancelled soon, but unfortunatelly we cannot predict it. Please, check the fist post in this thread often. We will update regularly.

You can find test places here: http://www.myswissalps.com/coronavirus/planning and http://www.stnet.ch/app/uploads/2021/09/Liste-der-kantonalen-Testorte.pdf.

Ildiko

luvmystang
    Participant
    106 posts
    31 March 2022 at 14:10:03 #933690

Just received Swiss Alert that as of April 1 no more masks on public transportation. WOOOHOOO!!

Samuelxchang
    Participant
    30 posts
    31 March 2022 at 14:35:39 #933691

Thank you Ildiko!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 March 2022 at 17:46:11 #933692

Hi luvmystang,

Yes, that is true. So happy about it!

For the latest updates please refer to the first post in this thread.

I wish you all a wonderful Swiss holiday!

Ildiko

Tamy
    Participant
    7 posts
    31 March 2022 at 18:50:54 #933693

Hi it was a wonderful news about the new update on mask wearing on public transport!

We are travelling to Switzerland this coming Tuesday. What will happen if the Covid vaccine is more than 270 days (16 days over!). Will a 48 hour Negative PCR test allow entry???

Thank you.

Looking forward to this trip

Regards,

Tamy

Annika
    7116 posts
    1 April 2022 at 10:36:06 #933694

Hi Tamy,

Unfortunately, there’s no clear answer to that question yet. The Swiss Tourism organization will discuss this 270-day issue with the government, and we hope that a solution will be announced in the next few weeks.

Note that you can count 270 days from your last (booster) vaccine, and that proof of recovery no longer than 180 ago is valid too. If neither situation applies to you, and if you’re from a country on the ‘high risk’-list (you’re from the UK, right?), it looks like you wouldn’t be allowed in under the current rules.

The quickest way to get information for your specific situation would be to consult the online travelcheck tool, or to call the Swiss infoline. You’ll find links and a phone number in the first post of this thread.

Good luck, and we’d appreciate it if you could update us about the outcome!

Tamy
    Participant
    7 posts
    1 April 2022 at 11:05:33 #933695

Hi Annika & thank you for your reply.

Yes we are coming from the UK. I spoke to Swiss info & what the person said is in line with current rule of 270 days vaccination validity. NO PCR test is valid for entry.

I was hoping that there is an alternative but unfortunately, there is nothing.

Bw,

Tamy

Annika
    7116 posts
    1 April 2022 at 17:34:33 #933696

Hi Tamy,

Thanks for your update. I’m sorry for you. It’s too bad there’s no solution yet for travelers who’ve been vaccinated more than 270 days ago. As far as I know, this validity period still applies in many European countries (although not necessarily related to entry rules). I’m confident it will be solved, as otherwise lots of travelers will run into this exact same problem.

Well, probable future adjustments don’t help you out now… Are you able to reschedule your trip?

Lyn8
    Participant
    5 posts
    8 April 2022 at 14:06:08 #933697

Hi Arno,

I have looked on many sites for requirements for proof of vaccination options, including the Switzerland Tourism list, SEM website and many of the posts on this forum. The actual requirement of what to bring to show proof from a high risk third country is still not found. (I am a US citizen). The Swiss COVID certificate is no longer required for tourist and is only for Swiss nationals now. So I’m still stumped. I’m getting my latest vaccine today and leaving for Zurich on June 5 so have time to find and get proof of today’s vaccine.

Thanks so much and apologies if I just keep missing that information through all my searches.

Lyn8

Anna
    6362 posts
    8 April 2022 at 14:19:17 #933698

Hi Lyn8,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

If you are fully-vaccinated and your last dose is less than 270 days ago, then you should be fine. The entry requirements for specific countries are detailed in the links in the first post of this thread: http://www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/does-the-corona-virus-affect-trips-to-switzerland.

You can also check you status using the Travelcheck platform. The link is on the first post on this thread.

Regards,

Anna

Lyn8
    Participant
    5 posts
    8 April 2022 at 14:42:29 #933699

Thanks Anna. Even on all the links you mentioned, and others, there was not the specifics for what to present document wise But good news as of a few minutes ago….I actually just checked the website of the US Embassy in Switzerland (for the 4th time) and found the exact phrase to describe proper proof to show, since the Swiss COVID certificate is no longer used for tourists. It is cut and pasted below.

“Important: Your U.S. vaccination card needs to be properly issued and include an official stamp and signature from the administering authority. If your vaccination card is not properly issued please contact the issuing office”.

Thank you so much again – and for the quick reply!

All the best,

Lyn

DASHWORTHPA
    Participant
    10 posts
    8 April 2022 at 23:24:18 #933700

What do you mean by an official stamp? We are a family of four, all receiving vaccines at different locations they are filled out with lot number of the vaccine, the date given and who it was given by but there is no stamp on any of them.

Lyn8
    Participant
    5 posts
    9 April 2022 at 0:03:28 #933701

Hi DashworthPA,

I wondered the same thing as it was on the embassy website and even my first card also had what you described for your cards as well.(I was originally asking here as I wasn’t sure to assume the regular cards would be accepted as there is often news of false cards).

I asked the pharmacist about it today when I went in for another covid vaccine. She also did not know what they might be referring to. The card that pharmacy uses is the same as you and I have also. She did tell me about a website where we can receive a digital copy of our vaccine card by accessing the state records of vaccinations reported. This particular website would be for CA but other states may have the same option.

Website is: myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov

It appears all will be good with our standard vaccine cards as there hasn’t been information otherwise while searching the Swiss government travel sites.

Enjoy your trip with your family! We will as well.

Warmly,

Lyn

Frances25
    Participant
    6 posts
    9 April 2022 at 12:21:52 #933702

Hello–

I was recently in Switzerland and confirm that all you need for proof of vaccine is the little white CDC card. The airlines will check for this before you get on the plane in the US to travel to Switzerland. You may also be asked to show the card again upon arrival in Switzerland.

Bebe
    Participant
    43 posts
    9 April 2022 at 13:28:20 #933703

Hi, Frances25

We will be visiting in September, coming from USA. I will have my second booster shot in a few days. For the return trip back to US, do you know if the US government-issued Antigen Rapid Self-Test is valid for re-entry? Any specific info on vaccination documentation will be appreciated!

Thanks,

Bebe

Frances25
    Participant
    6 posts
    9 April 2022 at 14:10:28 #933704

Hi Bebe—

For entry back to the US, you have to use a proctored self-test—one you do over video with someone watching. Two places on-line that sell this type of test are optum and emed. Hopefully, the test to return to the US won’t still be needed come Sept.

You can keep track of the requirements by checking the CDC website:

http://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html

Have a great trip!!!

Bebe
    Participant
    43 posts
    9 April 2022 at 16:08:32 #933705

Thanks so much for your quick reply. I had read the info on the emed.com website after I posed my question to you. I just want to be fully prepared and probably should wait (and hope) that the testing requirements for re-entry will be lifted by September, as you said. No use in ordering any proctored tests if I don’t have to. At least I’ll have the booster vaccine well within the 270 day requirement.

Thanks again for the clarification!

Bebe

PS And thanks also to the experts for this forum & their advice!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2022 at 3:06:13 #933706

I also see that it is an option to provide proof from a medical provider that indicates the booster is not medically recommended, as is the case for my son. Do you know if that is something that would be shown upon entry into Switzerland or if that needs to be verified in advance?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,021 through 1,040 (of 1,071 total)
  • The thread ‘Does the coronavirus affect trips to Switzerland?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.