Does the train go to Grindelwald from Spiez

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Kaylee
Kaylee
5 posts
Mar 12, 2018 - 1:05 PM

Hi we are taking Euro rail from Naples Italy to Spiez Switzerland. We need to get to Grindlewald. Is there a train station in Grindlewald and what train would we take to get there? Will this train also continue to Interlaken?

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Mar 12, 2018 - 2:58 PM in reply to Kaylee

Hi Kaylee,

Yes there is a train from Spiez to Grindelwald. You will have to change trains in Interlaken. Use the Swiss timetable to plan your trip: www.myswissalps.com/ti metable.

Kaylee
Kaylee
5 posts
Mar 12, 2018 - 6:02 PM in reply to Chantal

Hi Chantal,

Thank you for the information.

So it sounds like we would have to back track if we are staying in Grindlewald . That makes me think twice on staying in Grindlewald our fist night because I am planing on going paragliding in Interlaken the next day.

Thanks for your responce

Kaylee

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Mar 12, 2018 - 7:31 PM in reply to Kaylee

Hi Kaylee,

The trip by train is only 30 minutes. Grindelwald is much nicer. If you're planning to stay there the second night anyway, I would stay in Grindelwald. Every time you change a base you lose time with the logistics as well.

Enjoy your paragliding experience. Cool!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018