Is a double stroller convenient in Switzerland?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2019 at 0:52:53 #822366

Hi All!

My rather big family will be travelling to Switzerland this July/Aug for a holiday. We have a toddler (20mths) & an infant (3mths) in our group (10 adults). I am wondering if we should bring our double stroller (Contour Option elite) for this trip or bring 2 smaller strollers instead.

We are travelling via train from Zurich-Lucerne-Zermatt-Geneva, doing city tour, cable car rides & stroller friendly hikes.

Will we face any problem with our double stroller which is slightly wider and longer than normal stroller? Is Switzerland (Those city mentioned above) stroller friendly?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    21 June 2019 at 10:18:39 #915639

Hi Lunffy, thanks for joining MySwissAlps!

Ýou’ll be fine with a double stroller in most cases, e.g. on regular trains. But you might me a bit more flexible if you bring along two separate and smaller ones, for quicker navigation in busy trains, buses and smaller cable cars. The old town centres can have some narrow cobbled streets and although a double stroller will certainly fit, smaller and lighter ones could be easier to push there. I can’t advise from personal experience though, sorry!

• The thread ‘Is a double stroller convenient in Switzerland?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.