Jun 19, 2017 - 7:01 PM
We are a couple from Kolkata, India.
Need your help to fix the itinerary of our dream tour of Switzerland in September 2017.
We will land at Zurich Airport & avail Swiss Train Services to see places.
We have planned as 9N/10D--- Zurich(0) - Lucerne(2) -- Interlaken(2) - Zermatt(2)-St Moritz(2)-Zurich(1). The figure in bracket indicates no of nights stayed at that particular location.
We have the following queries:-
- Whether 1 night stay at St Moritz is enough or it should be 2 nights?
- Can Geneva be visited (Jet d'Eau & others) from Interlaken as base (Day Trip) ?
- Can Montreux be visited (Chillon Castle etc) from Interlaken as base (Day Trip) ?
- Is it essential to include Geneva & Montreux ? If yes, then whether stay is required at Geneva or the same can be done from Interlaken?
- We would like to visit Rhine Falls also. If the same can be visited while staying at Zurich for 1 night towards end of the tour? Or 2 Nights at Zurich is required ?
- If 2 nights stay at Lucerne to see Golden Round Trip-Mt. Pilatus, Lake Luzern, Mt Rigi, Chapel Bridge, water tower & others will be okay? Any other places at Lucerne ?
- If 2 nights stay at Interlaken (Jungfrau Region - Grindelwald & others, Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau ) is enough ? Further if Geneva / Montreux can be covered in a day trip from Interlaken, if one night stay need to be added?
- If 2 nights stay at Zermatt (The Matterhorn & others) is okay to see places from there?
- Is there any difference between Glacier Express - Zermatt to St Moritz or St Moritz to Zermatt?
- Is there any difference in case of reverse trip as above? Should it be Zurich(0)-St Moritz(2)- Zermatt(2)-Lucerne(2)-Interlaken(2)-Zurich(1)?
Any further addition of place is recommended if we want to cover all main places of Switzerland ? Considering the fact that we love Natural Beauty & do not want to visit museum / church? I can add 1 / 2 nights to our itinerary if needed.
Any other tips / suggestion.
Please reply to my above queries along with any other thing you want to suggest.
Further if you can give detail about how we should proceed from each base location like Lucerne, Interlaken & Zermatt to see things. We have made an overall plan but need help to plan in detail as we understand that time management is key to see things. Further base location will be key as we have to keep our luggage at base location & will roam around as Daytrip basis.
Thanx in advance.