Dress code for lunch and dinner in Switzerland?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
autumnz
autumnz
79 posts
Jun 28, 2018 - 11:57 PM

Upon a day of hiking/sighseeing what is proper etiquette for lunch/dinner attire? Nice Jeans or shorts and a nicer top (what i wear normally out) acceptable? Or, pants/sundress more appropriate? Do I need to change at hotel before going to a restaurant? Our lunch budget is 30ppand dinner40pp....so basic, not high end places.

And, Is certain dress expected while touring/hiking? Is shorts/tank top acceptable, or a bit more dressed up, not so casual.

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
5528 posts
expert
Jun 29, 2018 - 12:12 AM in reply to autumnz

Hi Autumnz -

<"Nice Jeans or shorts and a nicer top (what i wear normally out) acceptable?">> Usually.

<<"Or, pants/sundress more appropriate? acceptable?">>

Nice, but rarely necessary.

<<"Do I need to change at hotel before going to a restaurant?">>

Rarely; only in high end places.

Cities and countryside are different.

Do you have specifics?

Generally, wear what is comfortable, unless you are in a city or going to a high class restaurant in a resort area.

Slowpoke

Last modified on Jun 29, 2018 - 12:14 AM by Slowpoke
autumnz
autumnz
79 posts
Jun 29, 2018 - 1:01 AM in reply to Slowpoke

Lucerne and vicinity, wengen (dinners at hotel baeren), montreux/Geneva vacinity.

Also probably depends on weather...if I'm walking around town and it's 35c outside, different than 20 celcius.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019