Drive from Salzburg to Lauterbrunnen with stop?

• AmyM
    Participant
    1 post
    28 December 2022 at 18:37:41 #828801

Our family is driving from Salzburg to Interlaken area in June, spending time in and around each of those areas for several days each. Should we drive straight through in a day or overnight along the way to break up the trip? If we overnight, should it be directly on the path in Lichtenstein or a small town near St Moritz? We only want quaint, small towns – have already visited larger towns (Innsbruck, Zurich, Luzern) on previous trips.

Part of me wants to cut down on switching hotels and just base out of our 2 destinations for day trips. However, I’m sure the drive is beautiful and I don’t want to feel like we are missing things b/c we have a hotel we need to get to on the other end. Wondering if the St Moritz scenery is similar enough to Interlaken area that we don’t really need to add the extra 1 1/2 hours…. I am not including Zermatt b/c I have also been there previously.

Please advise. For reference, we are traveling with 3 teenagers.

• The thread ‘Drive from Salzburg to Lauterbrunnen with stop?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.