About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Drive from Salzburg to Lauterbrunnen with stop?
MySwissAlps features ads, commercial and non-commercial links.

Drive from Salzburg to Lauterbrunnen with stop?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
AmyM
AmyM
1 post
Dec 28, 2022 - 6:37 PM

Our family is driving from Salzburg to Interlaken area in June, spending time in and around each of those areas for several days each. Should we drive straight through in a day or overnight along the way to break up the trip? If we overnight, should it be directly on the path in Lichtenstein or a small town near St Moritz? We only want quaint, small towns - have already visited larger towns (Innsbruck, Zurich, Luzern) on previous trips.

Part of me wants to cut down on switching hotels and just base out of our 2 destinations for day trips. However, I'm sure the drive is beautiful and I don't want to feel like we are missing things b/c we have a hotel we need to get to on the other end. Wondering if the St Moritz scenery is similar enough to Interlaken area that we don't really need to add the extra 1 1/2 hours.... I am not including Zermatt b/c I have also been there previously.

Please advise. For reference, we are traveling with 3 teenagers.

Ildiko
Ildiko
2594 posts
expert &
Dec 29, 2022 - 7:28 PM in reply to AmyM

Hi AmyM and welcome to MySwissAlps.com!

You can read about St. Moritz here: www.myswissalps.com/stmoritz. The bigger area is called Upper Engadine: www.myswissalps.com/upperengadine.

How many days do you have in the Jungfrau region? You can check the details about this region here: www.myswissalps.com/jungfrauregion.

I think that you can easily spend 4-5 days in the Jungfrau region (if you want to ski or try sledging), even more. Sledging is fun: www.myswissalps.com/activities/winter/snow :) And you can also try snowshoeing in the region.

Ildiko

Ps.: As you are coming from Austria, check this one please: www.myswissalps.com/traintickets/austria.

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More

Who's MySwissAlps.com?
We're passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about planning a trip to Switzerland since 2002.
More about usNewsletter signup

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2023