Driving from Zurich to Geneva – advice

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 June 2018 at 13:04:06 #816697

Hi all,

My husband and I will be arriving in Zurich on 5 July 2018 and leaving from Geneva to UK on 10 Jul. Only 5 days there and we have rented a car travel between cities and scenery spots.

Plan agenda :

Stay one nite at Zurich on 5 Jul

Drive to Lucerne on 6 Jul

Interlaken/Grindelwald/ from 7-9 Jul

Drive to Geneva on 9 Jul

I learnt from the internet that we need to buy motorway vignette online, is it true?

Also, driving in Switzerland needs to be careful for speeding as it is seriously fine.

Can we drive to the scenery spot by car? Or we can only take train or tram to the spot like Jungfran or Matterhorn

Thanks for the advice and guidance in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 June 2018 at 14:32:59 #888534

Hi Mcmug and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 June 2018 at 15:03:58 #888535

Thanks Lucas for your advice. Really I don’t need to worry about the Vignette as it will come with the car. I may need to double check with the car company. Seems I don’t recall the vignette is included when I made the booking.

Too bad the car can’t go to most mountain and will check the link you sent for more information.

• The thread ‘Driving from Zurich to Geneva – advice’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.