Driving route from Interlaken to Chur via passes

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
amitgilani
amitgilani
5 posts
Jul 21, 2017 - 5:50 PM

Greetings,

I would like some advise on a scenic driving route in early September from interlaken to Chur.

We have to reach Chur latest by 1800hrs and can start early from Interlaken.

I have read about the route which follows -INTERLAKEN-GRIMSEL PASS- FURKA PASS-OBERLAP PASS- CHUR.

There is also the other route INTERLAKEN - GRIMSEL- NUFUNEN PASS- SAN BERNANDINO PASS -CHUR

Any suggestions which route is more scenic and warrants more attention than the other?

We are open to driving 8-10 hours with lunch and photo stops.

Thanks

Amit

Arno
Arno
12095 posts
expert &
Jul 22, 2017 - 5:50 PM

Hi Amit,

I've driven all of those passes except for the San Bernadino and they are all scenic. The first route is shorter and I would therefor prefer that one I guess. All passes require your full attention - don't admire the scenery while driving, just stop to have a good look around. Be sure to read this section of our website: myswissalps.com/car. Both routes can be done within the time you have in mind.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019