Easy e-bike route from Bern to Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 June 2019 at 16:59:31 #822356

Hello,

My husband and I are planning to rent e-bikes for part of our Switzerland trip. We are wondering if you can suggest any good bike routes from Bern to Interlaken. We want to spend a night along the way, hoping to find a small b&b or inn. We’ve been looking at the Schweizmobil maps but are having a hard time figuring them out. We would like an easy/moderate route that is not too strenuous. Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    21 June 2019 at 10:09:37 #915593

Hi Lpvermont, welcome to MySwissAlps!

Unfortunately I don’t have any experience (e-)biking in Switzerland. The Schweizmobil website should be a good starting point indeed. What exactly is it that you’re not able to figure out?

There is a pretty easy route, with hardly any difference in height, along the Aare and along Lake Thun between Bern and Spiez. It’s part of the Aare route, and it’s explained in detail at https://www.schweizmob il.ch/de/veloland/rout e-08.html. All segments are explained there (8.2 and 8.3 are relevant for your plans) and you’ll find height profiles, maps and suggestions for stops along the way.

Our tips for accommodation in Bern, Thun and Interlaken can be found through the links below:

I hope this helps you out a bit.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 June 2019 at 15:04:47 #915594

Hello Annika,

Your suggestion of taking routes 8.2 and 8.3 are very helpful. Since we are not familiar with biking maps it looked overwhelming (not to mention that we had to translate it to English). I understand now how the Schweizmobil website breaks each route into descriptive sections. I appreciate the links for accommodations in the area as well.

MySwissAlps.com is so very helpful. I’ve never come across a website representing a country that is so interactive and accommodating for tourists.

Thank you!

Lisa

Annika
    7116 posts
    21 June 2019 at 16:38:22 #915595

Hi Lisa,

I’m glad to hear that you’re finding your way on the Schweizmobil website now. I hope that this, and the other tips, help you to plan your trip succesfully.

Thank you for your kind words! We’re happy to help.

• The thread ‘Easy e-bike route from Bern to Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.