E-bike rental Chexbres/Lavaux

• Rfreedfl
    Participant
    7 posts
    16 May 2019 at 18:09:19 #821684

We will be staying in Vevey and plan to go to Lavaux to enjoy the scenery. We would like to rent e-bikes to do this. Where can we rent them? Should be take the train from Vevey to Chexres? We’d appreciate your advice. Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    17 May 2019 at 7:58:56 #912549

The rental place I know of in Vevey is closed in 2019 and will reopen in 2020. You might have to rent your bike in Lausanne. Surely Google will help.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 May 2019 at 1:06:16 #912550

I googled and didn’t find anything except the closed place as you say

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 May 2019 at 23:51:55 #912551

Hi Rfreedl

I have been to the Lavaux vineyards many times and I would say that travelling by bike is not necessarily a good idea. The charm of Lavaux is the slow pace, walking through the vineyards and taking the scenery in. There aren’t real bike paths and many pedestrians and tight corners with little visibility, so the walking paths are not suitable and the roads are not as much fun.

I would recommend you do this by foot or alternatively by train. You have a full description of how to do this here: http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/two-weeks-in-may-june

If you really prefer to rent a bike then you can do so at the train station in Lausanne or perhaps Vevey which would be closer.

Maria.

• The thread ‘E-bike rental Chexbres/Lavaux’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.