E-biking routes in Lake Lucerne area

• Annladams
    Participant
    5 posts
    15 September 2022 at 9:28:24 #828344

We are beginning our last 12 days after 8 weeks of hiking and E-biking in the Swiss Alps, primarily in Zermatt, Lauterbrunnen, Wengen, Mürren, and Ascona/Vallemaggia areas. As we have done all of these in past years, also, I’d like to discover another region for e-biking right now, as my husband is having trouble with one knee doing downhill hikes. I had wanted to go to the area along the Bernina Express route to possibly do some E-biking but the temps are becoming quite cool for us Floridians in the high elevation areas so now I’m thinking possibly the Lake Lucerne area. We’ve been through Lucerne a few times but have never hiked or biked there and I’ve read there are beautiful smaller villages. Any recommendations for charming Swiss villages which also may have great e-biking routes nearby? Not the serious mountain biking over boulders but the kinds with gravel/dirt paths are OK. We’ve done pretty steep climbs with e-bikes in the places I mentioned and distances of 50-70 km.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 September 2022 at 9:38:42 #946930

Hi Annladams,

Have you seen this route? http://www.outdooractive.com/en/route/bike-riding/route-1291/63251689/

It is a very long one but you could do it in smaller parts or just choose the parts you like the most.

Here you can find other routes as well: http://www.komoot.com/guide/176277/cycling-around-lake-lucerne.

I hope you find some great ones!

Ildiko

Ps.: You also opened an other thread with the same topic, I closed that one. I would like to kindly ask you not to duplicate posts, so others can find it easily and can answer better. Thank you!

MySwissAlps.com recommends reading this: Lake Lucerne region

Annladams
    Participant
    5 posts
    15 September 2022 at 12:40:05 #946931

Thank you, Ildiko, I will take a look at those routes. I didn’t mean to post the same question twice but I tried multiple times and the website was not allowing the posts for some reason.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 September 2022 at 12:57:36 #946932

I thought that it was some kind of technical error as the post were exactly the same. No worries, it’s all fine.

I hope you get more e-bike route recommendations from other forum members too.

Ildiko

Arno
    15471 posts
    15 September 2022 at 15:20:37 #946933

Hi Annladams,

Sorry for the problems you experienced when posting your question! I hope they didn’t occur anymore after your first post.

As for biking around Lake Lucerne: in addition to the routes suggested by Ildikó, you can have a look at http://www.schweizmobil.ch/en/cycling-in-switzerland.html. It’s a great starting point for anything bike-related.

• The thread ‘E-biking routes in Lake Lucerne area’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.