E Grand Tour across Switzerland 9 days

• molelymolely
    Participant
    12 posts
    20 May 2018 at 12:16:10 #816111

I chanced upon this E Grandtour on the tourism web site and was wondering if it is worth the while to experience it.

The tour comprises 9 days/8 nights (incl hotel and rental of Tesla car). However, I only have 8 days to spare.

I would like to enquire on the following areas:

1) how much does the charging station costs for full charge?

2) are there toll fees to pay along the route?

3) what are the areas that is a must drive destination so that we can fit into our 8 days trip

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

pvonk
    Participant
    383 posts
    20 May 2018 at 15:27:51 #885876

What time of the year is this happening? And where? Just in Switzerland? Is there a link to this website?

Are you desiring to use only car transportation? Some breathtaking parts of Switzerland (the mountains) are car-free. Also, what kinds of things are you interesting in doing? City only? Mountains? Are you traveling with kids? How many all together.

molelymolely
    Participant
    12 posts
    Arno
    15484 posts
    20 May 2018 at 17:04:01 #885878

Hi molelymolely,

I found that tour on https://www.viator.com /tours/Zurich/9-Day-E-Grand-Tour-of-Switzerland/d577-14343P67 a few months ago. I think it’s exactly the same tour. The initial price they show is slightly higher, but they do offer a lowest price guarantee. You’d have to start the booking process and pick your options/preferences to compare I guess.

1) I can’t tell from experience but driving on electricity is much cheaper than fossil fuel. About 1/3 or less of the cost so I have heard, for the same distance.

2) All rental cars have a motorway vignette included. There are no other tolls in Switzerland apart from a few very small backcountry roads that you are unlikely to encounter.

3) I’m not sure what you mean. The route for this tour is fixed, which saves you from doing any planning.

• The thread ‘E Grand Tour across Switzerland 9 days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.