E35 from Seedorf to Beckenried - A tunnel?

E35 from Seedorf to Beckenried - A tunnel?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
ShoBizPro
ShoBizPro
10 posts
Jan 13, 2018 - 4:17 AM

I'm planning a driving trip for May and the traffic map shows the E35 roadway from Seedorf to Beckenried as a dotted line. Does this mean the road is closed for winter or is this a very long tunnel?

Thank you for clarification.

Lucas
Lucas
8865 posts
expert &
Jan 13, 2018 - 9:29 AM in reply to ShoBizPro

Hi ShoBizPro and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I'm not sure which traffic map you are referring to but it is a tunnel you drive through between Seedorf and Beckenried (highway 2 in Switzerland) called the Seelisberg Tunnel...it is 10km long.

ShoBizPro
ShoBizPro
10 posts
Jan 13, 2018 - 10:28 PM

Hi, Lucas. Thanks for the quick response. I was comparing Google Maps with the map in myswissalps.com. Google shows E35/2 as a solid line while myswissalps had as a dotted line. I was confused because here in the U.S. our tunnels aren't anywhere near 10k in length.

Thanks, again, for clearing up my confusion.

Lucas
Lucas
8865 posts
expert &
Jan 14, 2018 - 8:39 AM in reply to ShoBizPro

Yes, they are quite long and numerous here. 17km is the longest car tunnel here. If you go by train you can travel in a tunnel (in the dark) for 57km. :)

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018