8 days in early April, visiting new areas

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
JFitz
JFitz
3 posts
Sep 15, 2019 - 12:11 PM

Hi- thanks in advance for the help! My husband and I arriving into and out of Zurich for our 4th trip to Switzerland. It’s our favorite place to visit. :)

We are wanting help with this itinerary as we want to see areas we have not previously visited. Hoping for help. We have 8 days. Would like to leave Zurich and see Lucerne, Murren (and other towns nearby)? Zermatt, take Glacier Express to Chur, then back up to Zurich. How does this sound? What type of train pass do you recommend? Is this leg of the Glacier Express pretty/worth the trip? Any other beautiful spots to see that we should add? Open to anything. Thanks!!

Annika
Annika
6071 posts
expert &
Sep 15, 2019 - 2:59 PM in reply to JFitz

Hi JFitz! Wonderful that you're returning to Switzerland. I think you should be able to combine the towns and activities you've mentioned in 8 days. I'll copy and paste my suggestions from your previous topic at www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/best-way-to-get-to-zermatt below:

Hi JFitz! I don't know how many days you have available, but a trip including everything on your wish list could look like this:

An alternative excluding the Jungfrau region but including yet another beautiful area would be visiting Lake Geneva (https://www.myswissalp s.com/lakegeneva) after your stay in Zermatt, and then flying out of Geneva (https://www.myswissalp s.com/airports/geneva).

The plan I described above can definitely work in 8 days, if you add some nights in Lucerne between the Jungfrau region and Zurich. Of course you can do it the other way around as well, which is pretty much the route you're describing.

An 8 day Swiss Travel Pass would be the ideal fit for your plans: www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass.

Our suggestions for accommodation can be found here:

Last modified on Sep 15, 2019 - 3:01 PM by Annika

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019