Easy biking from a station near Stein am Rhein?

• Grammy
    Participant
    14 posts
    8 August 2019 at 4:52:28 #823305

Will be arriving late August, active couple in early 70’s and would love to rent bikes at a train station and go on a leisurely mostly flat dedicated bike trail through rural areas. We have 3 days of our 11 day trip still open so we can base really anywhere that is suggested to us. We will not have a car so we need to be able to pick up bikes either at or close to the train station. Any little villages or country areas. Would Stein Am Rhein be good. Thought perhaps there might be dedicated trails around lakes or rivers. Thanks for any advice

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    8 August 2019 at 13:17:24 #919644

Hi Grammy

I hope someone else will provide feedback on bike rental at Stein am Rhein station.

I would like to inform you on a company that can transport your luggage, and give you other sevices, all around Lake Constance: Bodensee Radweg : http://www.bodensee-radweg.com/gepaecktran sport

Their site is in German only but shows a map of the destinations and routes served. You must leave your luggage at your departure accommodation before 9am and they will bring it to your next destination. Oh, they do have an English version: http://www.cycling-lake-constance.com/luggage-transfer-service

I have used their service myself.

Enjoy!

Grammy
    Participant
    14 posts
    8 August 2019 at 21:11:16 #919645

Thanks for the info. Glad to know the luggage services are available. Hope someone can help me with more bike info. Having trouble finding any info on easy bike trails. We are way beyond mountain biking!

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    8 August 2019 at 21:58:31 #919646

Hi again Grammy,

Check out the Switzerland Mobility map here.

It will show you bicycle itineraries, mostly on bike lanes or low-traffic roads. If the appropriate menu boxes are ticked, the map shows you also the location of rent-a-bike places (there is one in Stein am Rhein!)

Itineraries around Lake Constance are popular and easy. I did the Swiss shore with my kids when they were small, no problem.

The Switzerland Mobility map is also available as app for mobile phones and tablets.

Have an enjoyable trip!

Grammy
    Participant
    14 posts
    9 August 2019 at 4:00:38 #919647

Wow, thank you. Just what I needed. Didn’t find that on my own.

• The thread ‘Easy biking from a station near Stein am Rhein?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.