Ebenalp cable car operating times April, Appenzell

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 March 2019 at 3:28:24 #820537

Hi all, I saw that cable car service from Wasserauen to Ebenalp is not available in April.

Is there any way to go up there without taking the cable car? If I drive is the mountain accessible? Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    22 March 2019 at 7:13:45 #907230

Hi Jason,

The only other way to go to Ebenalp is walking. They say it takes 2:30 hours. I wouldn’t recommend it in April as some remaining snow might make things slippery.

However, the cable car is not out of service in April. There will be interruptions, but the service is said to be available all year round. Email the guest house if you want details.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 March 2019 at 9:11:27 #907231

I have checked the official website of the cable car and it says it is closed for revision during that time.

Then I’ll give up the idea of going to Ebenalp.

I saw many nice pictures of Appenzell villages on the internet but have no idea where they were shot. Do you have any suggestions? Say which small town/hill/slope where I can get some scenic view? Thanks.

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    22 March 2019 at 9:36:23 #907232

I read this on the site of the cable car:

< Operational interruptions due to renovation work in April and November. > Interruption is not closure. The German version says the same.

The site of the mountain guesthouse Ebenalp says the same (German only):

< Bequem und spektakulär mit der Luftseilbahn ab Talstation Wasserauen (ganzjährig). > “Ganzjährig” means throughout the year. If you go to their site, under “Kontakt” is a dialogue box, you can ask them.

But of course there are plenty of scenic places in Appenzell. Surely someone else can advise you. Good luck.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 March 2019 at 12:27:56 #907233

Hi Jason

Yes it seems there will be service interruptions to that cable car http://www.ebenalp.ch/cable-car/timetable

However there are a few other cable cars in Appenzell, it seems this one will open from April: http://www.appenzell.ch/en/al pstein/cableways/cable -car-fruemsen-staubern.html

More info on Appenzell: http://www.appenzell.ch/en/

All the best for your trip to Switzerland!

Maria.

• The thread ‘Ebenalp cable car operating times April, Appenzell’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.