Choosing between Ebenalp, Pilatus and Titlis

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 October 2018 at 0:12:49 #818764

We will be visiting in June. Im wondering which two places I should pick out of Appenzel- Ebenalp, Pilatus, and TITLIS.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 October 2018 at 6:48:19 #898206

Hi DebbieSD1

If you are based in the Appenzell area, then Ebenalp would make sense as it is much closer than Pilatus and Titlis (which aren’t in the area).

Or is “Appenzell-Ebenalp” one of the 3 possible destinations?

I’d try to go to the Ebenalp as it is a bit different and off the beaten track (and features the unique restaurant in the cliff face there as well). Beautiful area.

Choosing between Titlis and Pilatus is harder. Both are near Luzern and both offer great trips. Titlis being the higher mountain with a glacier and perhaps a few more activities at the top

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 October 2018 at 7:48:22 #898207

Thank you! We will be based in Lucerne but are considering going to Appenzell from Zurich for a night before going to Lucerne if it is a destination that we should not miss.

mestettler
    Participant
    27 posts
    22 October 2018 at 13:29:23 #898208

Hi DebbieSD1,

Ebenalp is a lovely place to see for many reasons, the gondola ride up the mountain from Wasserauen is fun; and the hike down to the Äscher Gasthaus and Wildkirchli is a short 20-30 minutes for those somewhat out of shape (like me), and shorter for those in good shape. One thing I would recommend – if you plan to stop at the Äscher Gasthaus for their famous rösti potatoes, is plan on arriving there well before 12:00 PM. My cousins and I arrived at 11:15 AM, before the restaurant became full and the wait time became over an hour.

• The thread ‘Choosing between Ebenalp, Pilatus and Titlis’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.