Economic travel tickets- Zurich to Titlis

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 March 2015 at 20:48:06 #807035

Hello There,

This is Sarav from Munich. My family with 2 Adults and 1 child (4 years) are planning to spend 3 days in switzerland for tourism, arriving on 03rd April morning at Zurich, staying two nights in Zurich and departing on 05th April evening. We are planning to visit the places like Rhinefalls, Luzern, Titlis, Zurich city and nearby places. This is our first visit. Could you please suggest some economic travel tickets to cover these tourism places.

Thanks,
    Sarav

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    30 March 2015 at 5:23:49 #842242

Hi Sarav,

Either a Swiss Half Fare Card or a 3-day Swiss Travel Pass fits your plans. There are local passes for the Zurich region as well, but they don’t include Lucerne and Titlis so I don’t think that’s a viable option.

Please see the links for more information about these passes. Also see the Price section of those pages: the passes are cheaper if purchased online (through ACP Rail in your case), but delivery takes 1-3 working days so you should decide soon if you prefer that.

Also, our Zurich page could be of interest to you.

Have a wonderful time!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 March 2015 at 16:03:17 #842243

Hi Arno, Thanks for your prompt reply.. Here is my short-trip plan.
    Day1: Reaching Zurich around 11 AM, hotel check-in, then travel from Zurich to Rhinefalls and return back to Zurich and roam around in Zurich nearby places.
    Day2: From Zurich to Engelberg ( and Titlis cablecar), via Luzern and visit Luzern attractions on the way to Engelberg or while return back to Zurich
    Day3: From Zurich – cover nearby attractions in Zurich – city tour, or nearby attractions – checkout and depart Zurich around 18:00PM
    For this short trip, please suggest which travel ticket will be suitable, economic and cheaper..

Arno
    15483 posts
    30 March 2015 at 16:14:26 #842244

Hi Sarav,

This looks like a good fit for the Swiss Half Fare Card. You’ll get a 50% discount on all tickets. The other passes are too expensive for your plans. You can get it through ACP Rail as well. If you want to do the math, please find the instructions here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 March 2015 at 16:49:36 #842245

Hi Arno, Thanks for your reply. I think Half-fare and Swiss Travel pass is for those who planned to stay longer and travel lot across the country.
    But my plan is, the Day 1 and Day3 is around Zurich and Rhine falls. – For this can you suggest any regional pass, which covers Zurich city and Rhinefalls and nearby areas..
    Day 2 to Titlis and Luzern – For Day 2 Do you suggest any Day pass

Arno
    15483 posts
    30 March 2015 at 17:18:41 #842246

Hi Sarav,

The Swiss Half Fare Card is for short stays too, as long as it saves you money. You already save more than CHF 80 per person just by traveling from Zurich to Mount Titlis and back, for example. If you consider passes you can have a look at http://www.zvv.ch for Zurich and http://www.vbl.ch for Luzern.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 March 2015 at 18:05:35 #842247

Hi Arno, Thanks For your reply. Do you know how much does the Zurich card costs? Does it covers upto Rhinefalls? If not, any regional pass covers Zurch city upto Rhinefalls

Arno
    15483 posts
    30 March 2015 at 19:02:57 #842248

Hi Sarav,

The ZürichCard cost CHF 24 for 24 hours or CHF 48 for 72 hours, but only covers the city and its immediately surroundings (plus museums/attractions). I don’t know much about the other regional passes. They mostly cover transport only, no museums/attractions. You’d better check the other websites I mentioned. Also the last post in this topic may help.

• The thread ‘Economic travel tickets- Zurich to Titlis’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.