Day pass for city of Zurich transit

• Ajittipnis
    Participant
    87 posts
    22 December 2018 at 13:37:33 #819244

Hi

My 15 days STP will be expiring just a day before i leave Zurich.

I need to travel around Zurich city only for a day, can you suggest any pass which will be economical to travel on bus train tram and boat?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 December 2018 at 17:45:42 #900736

Hi Ajittipnis,

There is a local day pass you can buy for Zurich called the Zurich Card. More details here: http://www.myswissalps.com/zu rich/travel

There is also a local transit card you can buy in Zurich at a local ticket machine (train station or at a tram stop). You can check out Zurich city’s transit website here: http://www.zvv.ch/zvv/en/home .html

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 December 2018 at 1:20:57 #900737

The vast majority of European cities have day passes for local public transport, Zurich is no exception.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    23 December 2018 at 2:56:52 #900738

<<“There is also a local transit card you can buy in Zurich at a local ticket machine (train station or at a tram stop). You can check out Zurich city’s transit website here: http://www.zvv.ch/zvv/en/home .html”>>

Also, check in at the ZVV office on the lower level of the main station in the new section. There you can talk with a real person. Useful, since there are several variations on the concept. You can include a trip to the airport on train, even the next day, if you get a 24 card for the right zones, within 24 hours of starting travel.

Slowpoke

Ajittipnis
    Participant
    87 posts
    23 December 2018 at 3:00:23 #900739

Thanks dear all for your valuable feed back.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    23 December 2018 at 14:04:42 #900740

And, although I implied it, I did not make clear that the ticket machine can be confusing if you want to explore the options.

I still sometimes have trouble making it put together the exact combination of validity times and fare zones, to include zones just outside the central zone….such as the airport,if I recall correctly.

So, I walk the 100 meters or so the the ZVV office and talk with an agent, if I want anything more than 24 hour pass (card) for the central zone.

There is a zone map near the ticket machines which say VZZ on them.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Day pass for city of Zurich transit’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.