Waiting for emailed Swiss Travel Pass

• everlasting
    Participant
    3 posts
    17 July 2018 at 21:23:01 #817319

Hi … I have purchased a Swiss Pass online for travel tomorrow. My credit card was debited, but no email. Unfortunately, the offices are closed, and I travel tomorrow lunchtime. I called my bank and the man on the phone said he read online whilst talking to me that it can take up to 5 days to receive Swiss Pass email.. eeek… I have paid for a 8 consecutive day pass starting tomorrow. Is there anything I can do now? Many thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 July 2018 at 5:57:51 #891689

Hi Everlasting and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Whom did you buy the Swiss Travel Pass from? Companies we list here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ price generally email it out within a few hours (but state 1-3 business days to be safe).

HappyRail is often within minutes. If you bought it from them I’d check your spam folder as it may be there.

Have you contacted the company again? If they are Europe-based they should be opening shortly.

everlasting
    Participant
    3 posts
    18 July 2018 at 6:17:49 #891690

Hi Lucas Thank you so much for responding to my message. I purchased the ticket from SBB. I will try and call someone when they open – it is my fault, I should have done this earlier…. its a lesson… learned. Update – I have just spoken to my Bank, and it appears the money has been re-credited – so I can only assume I made a mistake with the booking, and the transaction was cancelled. May I ask for any suggestions as to what to do next? I am flying over this afternoon, and am staying in Basel overnight. Would it be better to purchase the Swiss Pass in Basel on Thursday morning before I go up to the Mountains? Many thanks,

Arno
    15483 posts
    18 July 2018 at 6:48:04 #891691

Hi Everlasting,

If you purchase via the SBB tourist webshop at https://shop.switzerla ndtravelcentre.com/#/e n/home you should receive the pass within hours during business hours. Otherwise it may take until early next morning. You’ll find their contact details here: http://www.myswissalps.com/ab outus/partners/sbb. I’d give them a call if you don’t receive the pass in 2 hours from now.

They also have another, domestic site. I don’t think they have an international phone number. They do have a contact form.

Either way, you’ll receive it through e-mail so you could even print the pass after arrival in your hotel if needed. Showing the pass on your phone may work but a printout is recommended.

everlasting
    Participant
    3 posts
    20 July 2018 at 7:01:42 #891692

Many thanks for the kind assistance on this forum. I spoke to sbb in Switzerland and my booking had failed, but I purchased a ticket in Basel. Am having lovely time in the trains as we speak ! 😍

Arno
    15483 posts
    20 July 2018 at 10:35:00 #891693

You’re most welcome, thanks for letting us know your findings. I think you ordered via the domestic site. The tourist webshop is better for pass purchases, with much less credit card payment issues.

Have a wonderful trip!

• The thread ‘Waiting for emailed Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.