Mar 7, 2017 - 5:07 AM
Thanks for this tremendously helpful website.
We are planning 32 days in Switzerland Aug. 27-Sept. 28, using the Swiss Travel Pass.
We have been to some areas before including Luzern & Mt Rigi, and some of the areas listed below. However, we realize that there is so much more to explore. We do enjoy the public transport system, the mountains, casual shorter hikes in the beautiful countryside, some E-bike riding (we are seniors). We have four spare nights & are trying to decide whether to explore the Emmental, Three Lakes region, or alternatively, spending it back up in the mountains at Wengen.
The date is Sept. 19-23. We don't want any regrets at not having spent enough time in the mountains, however, if the other areas are also beautiful, we would certainly like to visit. We prefer the smaller, old towns to the large cities.
Below, is our schedule:
- (4 nights) - Luzern (Mt Titlis. Schwyz, Brunnen to Fluelen by boat) etc.
- (8n) - Grindelwald (Mountain excursions & Interlaken Fest. final weekend).
- (2n) - Zermatt (Gornergrat. Glacier Express)
- (1n) - St Moritz (Palm Express to Lugano)
- (5n) - Lugano (Explore Ticino region)
- (4n) - FREE
- (5n) -Gruyeres (local & Lavaux vineyard hikes
- (2n) - Solothurn
- (1n) - Zurich Airport
We would appreciate your comments.